Sunday, June 20, 2021

FATHER'S DAY 2021

 Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there and especially to the dad's closest to me.




Happy Father's Day in Heaven to my dad who I still miss every day !!

Wow, I slept so deep last night I couldn't figure out where I was when I woke up this morning !!  My bed felt so good last night hubbie said I was already snoring when he got out of the shower just minutes after I went to bed.  It is a cloudy rainy morning from tropical storm Claudette moving through the area overnight and this morning. She left us 8/10ths of an inch of much needed rain.  According to #2 son we had gotten an inch of rain in a strong storm last Saturday evening but hadn't had any more all week and it had been hot each day.  I got chores done in a light rain and then gathered lettuce and onions from the garden in a heavier shower. I ate breakfast and then we started getting lunch ready for everyone on this Father's Day 2021.   Hubbie's birthday is on the 15th of June so the kids usually combine his gifts. From #1 son and daughter he received a gift certificate for the shoe place I bought my Hooka shores from since he has been wanting a pair of them. From #2 son he received a summer and a winter shirt which were really nice and from Aa's family he got a pair of grilling gloves. Daughter also got him his favorite coconut cream pie for dessert today.  He had a wonderful day today and was so appreciative of all the thoughtful gifts.  We had roast beef, baked potatoes, green beans, wilted lettuce and biscuits with sweet tea to drink and everyone enjoyed the food and fellowship .  After they all left hubbie watched a race of TV and I put away more laundry and then finished unpacking the final things from vacation.  D-in-love-A and RL came up to later this afternoon as RL just wanted to play up here for a while.  She helped me feed my chickens at choretime and then we all walked back down to her house. Hubbie and I came back up to the shed and got out my fence panels and the last of the chicken tractors I have and set up another pen to move the growing incubator pullets into.  I need some more netting to completely cover the lot so I will get some tomorrow .

I will then move  the latest Silkie hatched chicks into the Tractor Supply chicken tractor out of the brooder box they have been in.

We relaxed for a few minutes out in the covered patio before it was time to shut all the chickens up and come inside.   

Thankful for a blessed restful Father's Day filled with undeserved blessings.

God Bless and Good Night



No comments: