Wednesday, June 23, 2021

GARDEN WORK DAY

 Up to another mid 50's morning . Hubbie left early to take the trash load from the barn to the dump. I got chores done and then had breakfast. I was on my way down to put eggs in the mailbox for a customer when hubbie got home. We needed to spend this cool morning catching up our garden. Hubbie tilled some of the rows that were wide enough to get the tiller through and I hoed the remaining rows.

I also picked my sugar snap peas and pulled the vines up as they were starting to get powdery mildew on them. I also found a couple small zuchinni and a hot banana pepper to have for lunch.

We  also tilled up the row where the onions were as we have eaten all those already.
We put a trellis up for the cucumbers that have come up and I replanted some of the ones that haven't come up. I also replanted some of my winter squash that didn't come up.  This has been a strange gardening year with some things growing great and others not at all. I usually have very good luck growing green beans but this year they are sparse and some are slow growing as evidenced by this row beside the tilled onion row.    
Daughter and the girls came over to have lunch with us when we finished the gardening. After we ate the girls played outside while daughter went through some things in the barn and then hubbie and I moved the pile of lumber that he has collected to a new spot in the barn.  Daughter and the girls went home to get naps and hubbie got on the lawn mower while I did more work in the barn. We have stuck so much stuff in the barn over several years that I am finding some real treasures. I tired out about 4:45 and headed inside for some cool drinks and snacks while hubbie finished mowing. When he finished we loaded the truck again with some things for the dump and also loaded out weekly trash.  I did chores while he went to pick up daughter's trash and recyclables.  I cleaned out the chicken tractor the pullets had been in and moved the youngest chicks to it this evening.
We relaxed out in the covered patio when he got back and then I came inside and baked 6 caramel cakes.  I also did some weekly paperwork and then relaxed for the evening.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: