Tuesday, September 14, 2021

FALL GARDEN HARVEST

 Up to get a very foggy morning started.  Hubbie took g-son to school and then daughter picked him up to ride with her to take IR to pre-school. I got chores done and then had breakfast. Daughter dropped hubbie off and went home to work on getting things ready for the kids sale this weekend.  I emptied both my dehydrators and put the rest of the hot banana peppers in bags and got the first tomatoes out of the other dehydrator. They are so good I decided to fill both dehydrators with tomato slices to reduce the amount of tomatoes we have sitting around the kitchen and sunroom. I think I will enjoy having these for a snack this winter as good as they are.   Hubbie came in from weed eating and we had lunch. With the weather folks saying we will start getting rain tomorrow afternoon and we could even get a shower today a the clouds are starting to bank up I decided to gather in my dried beans. I planted 2 different varieties to sample to see how they taste. I am looking for a good tasting climbing variety to replace the dragon tongue beans we really like but the bush vines always fall over and let the beans touch the ground and when we get rain at the time they are drying the pods mold and I have to throw a big quantity of them away.  These are called Cherokee Beans and are supposed to be a very old heirloom variety. The pods are brown but the beans are black.

These are called Rattlesnake beans and are also an old heirloom variety with darker pods but the bean seeds are light brown with dark brown spots. 
I also gathered a few green beans from these vines to have for lunch tomorrow. We pulled the vines up and took down the trellis and put the cattle panels we use for trellis away for the season.
I also cut okra again today as these plants keep on producing.  This looks like a typical "fall" time harvest.
I came to the house and put this away then rested my back for a little bit before pulling weeds and grass out of the back step area.
It has been a good catch up kind of day for both hubbie and me. 
We got chores done this afternoon and took our usual break in the covered patio to watch the sun go down.
I did weekly paperwork and paid bills this evening.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and thankful for the health hubbie and I are blessed with.
God Bless and Good Night