Friday, September 17, 2021

RAINY DREARY FRIDAY

 Woke to the usual "ring" camera notification from my phone at 7:30 as hubbie left to go pick up g-son and take him to school. As I lay there and looked out the window it seemed a lot darker this morning and soon I heard some raindrops hitting the gutter outside the window. As I stretched and turned on the heating pad and wrapped it around my bad knee to help release the muscles so it would straighten I thought about how it certainly won't be long before it is very dark at this time of morning. Time is flying by right now and some days I have no idea where the the time has gone, (most days in fact).  I did my stretches and then got up to get chores done while hubbie was picked up by daughter to ride with her to drop IR off at pre-school. Soon getting her to pre-school every morning will be my job when daughter has to go back to work at the end of October.  I had breakfast with CA who wanted to stay with us while daughter went home to get the girls clothing switched over from summer to winter.  After we ate we went to Sam's Club to pick up our curb side order and came home to get things all put away. I bagged the last of the dried tomatoes from the dehydrators and then washed the dehydrator shelves. I had some older oranges that haven't been eaten so I sliced them and put them in to dry. I can use them in potpourri or just in simmering water on the stove to make the house smell so good .  Daughter picked up IR from per-school and brought her here to have lunch with CA.  I cooked the beans we found not dried yet on the vines in the pressure pot, put some kennebec and some sweet potatoes in the oven and fried some chicken thighs for hubbie and I some late lunch. We are going to try to eat a good late lunch and then just have a light snack at supper time. We both feel like we sleep better if we don't eat a lot in the evenings. After we all ate we took the girls outside in the covered patio to have popsicles and get some outside time.   It started to rain so daughter took the girls home and hubbie and I came inside to watch the news.  The "O" storm was named today. Odette thankfully won't be a threat to any land.

We got chores done and then relaxed in the covered patio to watch the fog rise and sun set after a rainy cool day that left another 1/4 inch of rain in the gauge.

This little table is one of the deals I bought yesterday at the kids consignment sale. I really like it and the girls love the bigger chairs.
This is the first evening in awhile that the moon is so visible in the sky with just a few passing clouds.
I think that is Saturn to the left of the moon tonight.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night





No comments: