Tuesday, September 7, 2021

FALL GARDEN PLANTING

 Up to a phone call with a cake order. It wasn't a simple order as the man argued for over 10 minutes trying to get me to bring 1 cake all the way across town on a day I don't go to town. We finally settled on the day I do go to town.  I probably need to start pricing my cakes differently if it requires a longer delivery route. I got chores done and then had breakfast. Hubbie and I loaded up the cakes I had left from last weeks baking and took them over to daughters so she could take them to her produce market that buys cakes from her. She had baked sour dough bread for them but didn't have time to bake cakes. We stayed there until she got the girls ready and got things loaded up to make her delivery. The girls wanted to go with her as they get ice cream every time at this market. Hubbie and I headed to Fletcher to pick up chicken feed and then we headed over to the shoe store where I got my Hoka shoes this past spring that I loved. The kids had gotten hubbie a gift certificate for his birthday back in June so he could get him a pair. He tried on several different brands but decided that the Hokas were the best shoe for him also. They really feel like walking on clouds. We came home and unloaded the feed then had lunch. After we ate we went up to the garden to transplant some of our broccoli and cabbage plants we have raised. We did one double row so it will be easier to cover it for winter.  Half row of broccoli and half cabbage.  We also replanted Kale and Collards in the a row in the garden since the ones we previously planted didn't make it and I replanted all the things in my raised bed since none on it didn't make it either that was previously planted. We think it was the very hot weather right after we planted that killed them. Hopefully this time it will stay at least moderately hot.  Looks like summer temps are going to make a come back for at least a couple days next week though but luckily the seeds won't be up yet !!

And we are very thankful "Larry" decided to stay out to sea !!!!
After we finished gardening hubbie went down in the lower pasture to bush hog and I came inside to do a load of sheet laundry and put away some laundry.
We got chores done and I continued my task of cleaning out chicken houses this week with the younger hen house. Thankfully everything that has been moved around have settled in nicely and I didn't even have to get them familiar with going in new houses to roost that have all done it themselves !!
I cut okra again and put it in the freezer to add to my bag.
We came inside and I baked 3 caramel cakes.
We are celebrating tonight as g-son's covid test came back negative today so he can get back into school tomorrow. 
Thankful for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: