Thursday, August 13, 2020

ANOTHER PASTA MAKING DAY

 Back in the fog this morning.                                                                                                                            

I got chores done and then had breakfast with IR and CA while hubbie got some eggs washed and ready for delivery.
We headed out to meet the customer and get some errands done before lunch today. After the egg delivery we stopped at the bank and then PO before stopping by Cook-Out for some lunch for the girls as they lover their cheese quesadillas.
We had lunch when we got home and then while hubbie entertained the girls I started turning this sink full of tomatoes into another 7 quarts of pasta sauce.

With the combination  of all the different varieties of these tomatoes this is some of the tastiest sauce I think I have ever made. I sent the 1/2 pint left over down to #1 son tonight and he agreed it was very good.
I had to stop a couple times during the day to check out IR's creations.


I also baked 3 caramel cakes today along with the pasta making.
By the time the girls were picked up and it was chores time I was feeling pretty tired but the storm clouds were brewing pretty quickly so I needed to get chores done and then cut okra from the garden before the rain gets here.

While hubbie did some weed eating I sat in the covered patio and broke some of the left over green beans that we had picked last Saturday for us to eat tomorrow and watched the storm pass to the east of our area.
The weather forecast is for us to have more rain overnight so we will see. We actually need a little rain since we haven't had any since last week with the upper 80's temps we've had this week.
After we came inside I iced the caramel cakes and then heard the rain start and we got a slow steady rain for about 30 minutes which was just what we needed, don't know what the rest of the night will bring .
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for a faithful loving Heavenly Father.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

We could use some rain around here also Our local sweet corn is really good this year.