Sunday, August 2, 2020

VIRTUAL VBS BEGINS

A slow leisure Sunday morning to get chores done and have breakfast.
We had cooked beef stew in the crockpot overnight so we added green beans, corn and biscuits plus I made a blueberry cobbler for dessert.

Everyone made it for lunch except daughter's family and we all had a nice visit.
After everyone left hubbie and I cleaned up the kitchen then we picked up d-in-love and RL and went up on the mountain to our blackberry friend's farm to pick up some honey they had just pulled off.
I got my winter supply of 4 quarts today since this will be the only time she will pull honey this year. She lost several of her hives of bees last winter and has waited this long to take any honey and won't take anymore this season hoping she won't loose any more bees this winter.
We stopped back by daughter's and let RL and IR play a little while before we headed home.
We left there and came home to sit out another rain storm today and then get chores done.
We ended the day getting 6/10ths inch of rain from a couple hard showers with sunshine in between.
After choretime tonight I had to move the last incubator chicks from the long brooder box into another box because a new waterer I put in their box leaked and made quite the mess in the box .
They will probably be much happier in the bigger box they are in now. I was going to use it for the hen and 10 baby guineas but I think I have a buyer for all 10 of these keets and he wants them next week.
I helped hubbie restake a couple tomato plants that blew over in the wind today and hubbie picked up another couple limbs loaded with pears that fell off the loaded Kiefer pear tree.
The moon seems to be all alone in the sky tonight.

We came inside and relaxed for the evening.
VBS started tonight and it looks like nothing we've ever seen before as RL , BB and IR's class was all virtual and they got to enjoy looking into a computer screen at one another and their teachers tonight.


It's definitely a strange world right now and I often wonder how much of this strangeness are these kids going to remember and how it will change the way they live their lives. I know g-son and EL are old enough to remember things and it is going to be very interesting to watch them grow up and see how they view things after things hopefully settle back down after this pandemic is over.
The covid 19 numbers are still rising in our county, state and country and July was the worse month for death totals since the pandemic started. Still there are so many folks out there that are refusing to take this threat seriously and are causing the spread to keep rising as they refuse to wear mask or practice social distancing.
It has really opened my eyes to how self - centered people are and how self righteous attitudes appear to be the rule of thumb in our society. Disrespect of your fellow man is running rampant right now and if this is a prelude to what the end of time will be like the old devil must be dancing a jig through the fires of hell .  If a small thing such as wearing a face mask to save your fellow man is viewed by so many as too much to ask I hate to think what would happen if the Lord makes some really hard request of us to save us at the end of time.  How many folks will question His request ???
Thankful that I have a wonderful Savior and praying that His grace shall forever be poured out on me and my family.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

I personally feel we are in the "end of times" as described in the Book of Revelations. Mankind has become so self-centered and "evil" is running rampant. I am thankful that I have Faith in Jesus Christ, my Savior to see me thru these times. Blessings on you and your family