Wednesday, November 11, 2020

THANKFUL VETERANS DAY

 Thank you to all the veterans.

An earlier alarm rang out on this morning off for hubbie and I. Since everyone is off work today for Veterans day hubbie and I both had made doctor and dentist appointments. I had to get up early and be at my doctor's office by 9am to have blood drawn for my annual physical.  Hubbie helped with chores and then we headed out since I couldn't eat anything until after the blood draw.  I went to McDonalds afterward and had a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit for breakfast.  We also made a top by the WNC farmers market which was right down the road. We got navel oranges, tangerines, sweet potatoes, turnips and beets to get us stocked up on our winter vegetables for a while. This is usually a pretty drive across the mountains but not today as the rain and fog are blanking all the color that is left out. 

We stopped by daughter's on the way home to drop off some tangerines for the girls and then home to have lunch and get hubbie off to his dentist appointment in Columbus ,NC . I was planning on riding with him but got a large cake order this morning so I stayed home to bake cakes and clean house.  I haven't gotten a chance to change the furniture covers in the living room for the month yet so I got that done and got out some Thanksgiving decor.                                                                                                 When hubbie got home we took a break and watched the early news before getting chores done.             I iced cakes this evening and then relaxed for the evening.  D-in-love Tif used her day off to put up her Christmas decor in their new house.                                                                                                              



The way they both have to work delivering mail and packages in the month of December she is smart to get a jump on decorating.                                                                                                                              I dumped 1.1inch of rain from the gauge this evening from the rainy night and day and it is raining hard again tonight.                                                                                                                                                 Thankful for the blessings of this day and for traveling mercies for both hubbie and I today.                    God Bless and Good Night and another thank you to all Veterans.