Friday, November 13, 2020

YEP !!! FRIDAY THE 13th FOR SURE

 An early wake up call for this Friday. All 3 girls are here this morning.  I got chores done and grabbed a quick breakfast before heading to Asheville for my annual physical at my doctor's office.  I should have known better than to schedule anything in Asheville on Friday let alone Friday the 13th !!!               First thing:  a large tree had fallen across the mountain road I was taking and brought down all the power lines so I had to turn around and take a detour, probably costing me an extra 10 minutes.  Thankfully I had left early with a 45 minute window to get there.                                                                Second thing:   When I turned out onto hwy 25 which leads into Asheville to my doctor it soon became a parking lot.  I switched lanes several times and finally saw the lane reduction because of utility work.  I finally made it to my doctor only about 10 minutes late which was surprising.                  

Third thing:    With all this stress on the way there ( at least I'm sure hoping that's what it is)  my blood pressure was high  140/100  which is very high for my usually low pressure reading.                                    Fourth  thing :    As I chatted with the doctor and kept waiting for him to ask me to get on the table so he could listen to my lungs and feel around on my stomach as all my doctors have always done it soon became evident to me that he was not going to touch me or check anything.  This is the only the second visit to this doctor and the same thing happened last year. I thought last year it was because it was my "welcome to medicare" check up but when it happened again today it left me wondering if folks my age are getting passed over by the medical professionals.                                                                                  Anyway on to my blood pressure issues, they took it again at the end of the appointment and it was still high so I am to monitor it daily for 2 weeks and call with an average to see if I need medicine.  He did say that with all my other bloodwork numbers looking so good he did not believe I had an issue.            I left there feeling like I had wasted my time if all I needed was to see my bloodwork numbers I could have done that online and saved me a raised blood pressure.                                                                      I fought very heavy traffic leaving Asheville , stopped for gas , picked up lunches and made it home safely thanks to God's protective hand.                                                                                                        I took my pressure at home before I ate lunch and it was 131/82 which is much better.  Re is going to bring her checker over on Sunday and see if it matches my readings because my checker is pretty old.    After lunch I gave hubbie a break and let CA take a nap inside while I took these two outside to play. They are matching today with matching popsicles and smiles !                                                                 


As I watched them running around and playing I noticed all the bare trees and thought winter really is coming soon even if it doesn't feel like it these nice sunny warm days.                                                       
The cool season fescue grass in our bottom pasture has been really enjoying all the warmth and water of this month as it is still pretty and green.                                                                                                         
After the girls left hubbie and I got chores done and covered our tender plants up as the forecast is for the mid to upper 30's tonight and last time they were missing the temps by about 5 degrees lower so we wanted to be safe.  As I came in this evening I noticed the skyline really lit up.                                          
I came inside and fixed a pan of roasted sweet potatoes, turnips and beets for supper. It is so colorful !    
Another named tropical storm brings this already record breaking season to add another .  Thankfully this one won't affect the US but it will be devastating to the area it is headed for as it strengthens to a cat 3 or more by landfall.                                                                                                                                    

I haven't mentioned the presidential election since election day on here and that is because all of the states haven't finished re-counting votes yet and it was a very close race and several states are being sued by the current president for what he believes is voter fraud. North Carolina just finished counting today and went for current president Trump.  It looks like Joe Biden won the presidency unless president Trump can prove there was fraud in the vote counts. The electoral college doesn't vote until December 14th so the argument will last until then I'm sure.  Anyway that is why I haven't said anything about it.                                                                                                                                           Thankful for a good blood test result and traveling mercies today along with all the other blessings.        God Bless and Good Night





                                                                               

No comments: