Tuesday, November 23, 2021

ANOTHER DAY OF CAKE WORK AND DELIVERIES

 Up this morning to the coldest temperature of the season so far at 20 degrees and very hard ice on the water pans as I took extra time doing chores. I took IR to pre-school and picked up the stockings I had one of the teacher's sister embroider for me with all the kids names.  They look so good !!!   I came home and grabbed some breakfast before heading out to make the first cake delivery of the day.  I came back and helped with CA and EA.  We all loaded up along with 5 caramel cakes to go pick up IR. Two customers met us at the church where pre-school is at and the I made a delivery in the area to a friend who recently had 2 heart attacks and then fell last weekend on tp of that. She was slowly getting over the fall and was looing forward to her family coming in for Thanksgiving.  We came home from there with all the girls sleeping. IR always wakes up when we get her out of the carseat so she had lunch with hubbie and I while CA and EA continued their naps.  I had another delivery at 1:30 so I got that done and then hubbie and I played with the girls all afternoon. Daughter came in from school and quickly fed EA before heading out to make a couple deliveries. I went to make a delivery also but the customer was working late and had to come by the house later and pick his cake up.   After daughter got back and took the girls home hubbie and I  got chores done.  It was nice to get inside tonight to a nice warm fire and relax to watch the news. My knee has been bothering me a lot today so I wrapped a heating pad around it and finally got it to stop hurting. I think it is a combination of all the cake work I have been doing over the last week and the extra cold temps today that is making the pain flare up.  After I rested for  an hour I got up and iced the 6 caramel cakes I made last night to fill the remaining orders before Thanksgiving. I will certainly be glad for a break in the cake work over the next few days.

Thankful for the blessings of this day.

God Bless and Good Night and Happy Thanksgiving

1 comment: