Tuesday, November 9, 2021

HEAD COLDS ARE THE PITS

 Up to a surprisingly cold 30 degree morning. The forecasters are saying they missed it because there was a temperature inversion of some sort overnight and the lower elevations were colder than the mountains. The predicted temp for our area was 36-38 degrees. I'm glad I closed the ends of my cover tunnels last night.  I got chores done and then came in for a cup of coffee before heading out to pre-school with IR. CA rode along but she doesn't go to school today. I slept well last night with the Nyquil help and I feel okay this morning but my voice is really scratchy and my nose is running.  I came straight home after dropping IR and had a big breakfast to help fend off the symptoms  of this head cold. I went to the garden after I ate and uncovered the rows of winter vegetables. I took the plastic covers off because it is going to get to the mid 70's today and tomorrow and rain on Thursday so I wanted them to enjoy the sunshine and the rain before they are covered back up for the cold snap coming this weekend.  I came back inside and gathered all the furniture and bed covers and the throw rugs from last month to take to the laundry mat out the road. I loaded up hubbie, CA and EA for a ride and I got the laundry in the machines and we took a ride around the apple houses to look at which ones were still open. We were surprised at the amount of them still open for business with apples for sale.  I went back to the laundry and picked up everything and barely had time to come home and get things all hung on the clothesline before it was time to go pick up IR.  She had requested Burger King cheeseburger for lunch so I stopped on the way and picked up a couple for her and CA. We came home and we all ate some lunch while EA slept. All I wanted was some peanut butter crackers as this cold has killed my appetite.  After we ate and got EA a bottle we went outside to enjoy the mid 70's sunshine. Today and tomorrow my be the last ice cream eating days we have for a while , you never know !!!  But the girls enjoyed doing that today.


"Black Jack" the previously unwanted ( by whoever threw him out) Kitty seems to be fitting in very nicely around here and even when the girls got off this swing he decided it was a great place to rest.
As IR layed in the hammock we watched a continuous shower of leaves falling from the trees.
There is still some pretty colorful trees around but the leaves are falling fast and there is a lot of bare limbs starting to take over.

D-in-love and RL came by to visit after school and then IR and CA went home to play awhile at RL's house.  I don't feel very good this evening. It seems as the day goes on I start feeling more worn out . After everyone left today I got chores done and then came in to rest for the evening. I need to bake more cakes this week for orders but that didn't happen tonight. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel better. I usually only have one really bad day with a cold so we will hope today was it.
The hazy moon was all alone in the sky tonight.

Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night




1 comment:

linda m said...

Blessings! Hope you feel better soon.