Tuesday, November 16, 2021

FUN FALL PLAY DAY

Up to another unpredicted cold 26 degree morning. You know they are going to miss the forecast when you're watching the late weather and they say the low is already the temperature you're looking at on the outside thermometer.  More icy water pans this morning.  After chores I  grabbed a cup of coffee before taking IR to pre-school.  CA didn't want to ride along today as she doesn't go to school today. I came home after dropping IR and had breakfast with hubbie, CA and EA.  I caught up some business phone calls this morning and put in an Aldi grocery order to pick up after picking up IR. I talked to one of the businesses I had ordered a Christmas gift from that the delivery service had marked as delivered but I hadn't gotten it and was sadly told they were having a lot of trouble with delivery company drivers stealing products. They didn't have any more of the items I ordered so they gave me a credit. It is a sad thing that there is so much theft going on right now in every aspect of business.  My Aldi order was ready early so we loaded up CA and EA to ride along so they would both take naps and it worked as they were both out by the time we arrived at Aldi. It was cute that they went to sleep holding hands.


We picked up IR after the grocery order and headed home with now 3 sleepy girls.  IR woke up when we got home and helped carry groceries inside and then the three of us had lunch while CA and EA finished their naps.  It has turned into a warm sunny beautiful day so after CA and EA had some late lunch we headed outside.  Hubbie raked some leaves and IR and CA enjoyed helping him !!!!


We watched Aa harvest soybeans in the field across the creek and were very thankful the wind was blowing away from us. These beans had flood waters over them a couple times and were very dirty.

RL came over after school was out and played with IR and CA in the leaves to enjoy the sunset.

I brought this little bright eyes inside when the sun was going down and the temperature dropped.
Re , BB and EL brought out Cub Scout popcorn purchases by here this afternoon and had a nice visit.  After everyone left hubbie and I got chores done.  My "Thanksgiving" cactus is blooming pretty this year after taking a year off last year.
The kids gave me this many years ago as an anniversary gift and the tag said it was a "Christmas" cactus but it always blooms in November and when I did some research I discovered it was a Thanksgiving cactus because of the spiked leaves.
A Christmas cactus has smooth leaves like this photo I found online.

The blooms are also different in that my Thanksgiving cactus blooms have longer tube like blooms almost like two flowers on the tubes.
Christmas cactus have closer petals.
Most nurseries don't distinguish the different types of these cacti ,they just call them all Christmas cactus.
 I love mine and the fact that it encouraged me to learn something new. 
Thankful for all the blessings of this day and for the ability to enjoy the beauty all around me in this season.
God Bless and Good Night







No comments: