Tuesday, November 30, 2021

GOOD BYE NOVEMBER

 Up to get chores done and get IR to pre-school. CA stayed home with hubbie and EA on her day out of school as she only goes Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  I dropped IR off and went by Walmart to pick up my grocery order. Funny thing they had everything I needed except dark brown sugar and candy canes. Candy Canes ????   How can Walmart be out of candy canes this close to Christmas ????    I got home and hubbie and CA helped get things carried in and put away then I had breakfast with CA having her second breakfast.  After we ate CA and I did some decorating. We emptied out the 2 containers that were in the sunroom. Hubbie carried them back down to the storage shed and brought up 2 new full ones. We didn't have time to open them as I had to go pick up IR . IR always has a good day at school on Tuesdays and Thursdays as there are only 4 kids who go full time in her class. So they get to help the teacher do special things. Today they made Christmas garland out of Fruit Loops cereal.   We came home and had lunch with CA and EA and hubbie.  After we ate CA and EA took naps and IR and I went outside to get more decorating done. She found these old bows in the storage shed and wanted to put them somewhere. I used to put them on the fence post coming up the driveway so that is what we did with them today.

After we finished that and put up a couple wreaths around the outside we took a popsicle break on the front porch and watched this little red hen and Roho the rooster search around for insects in the front yard.


After daughter picked them up hubbie and I went up to the garden and took the plastic off the row of broccoli and cabbage and watered it good before covering it back up. The plastic sweats alot on warmer days but it is so dry I wanted to make sure the plants have enough water. The broccoli is really putting out heads now. 

The raised bed has lettuce, radishes , carrots , chard and spinach in it and while it was uncovered I gathered enough for a fresh salad for my lunch tomorrow and I cut these 2 large heads of broccoli for a broccoli salad.  This is what makes all the work of opening the plastic tunnels each morning and closing them back each evening worth it when we can eat a fresh salad grown in our garden in winter.
RL came up to help with chores and she helped hubbie stack some firewood he had split. She loved riding in the wood hauler on the back of the tractor.
We all came inside and she watched TV while hubbie and I ate supper before she went home.
I iced the 6 caramel cakes tonight and then worked on Christmas gifts.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the Reason for this season, Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night.





No comments: