Wednesday, November 24, 2021

LAST OF THE DELIVERIES AND A BEAUTIFUL EVENING PLAYTIME

 Up to get this Thanksgiving eve started. Another cold 20 degree morning had me breaking thick ice again on the water pans.  I finished chores and came inside to have a warm bowl of oatmeal for breakfast.  We loaded up eggs and cakes and headed out to make our delivery rounds for the last time before Thanksgiving day. IR decided to stay with us when her mom came by to drop off a cake for delivery earlier this morning. We stopped at Sav Mor to pick up a few things we needed for tomorrow and then made the egg delivery , stopped by the library to let hubbie return a book and then met 3 customers for our last cake deliveries.  Daughter also met us at the delivery spot and picked up IR to take all the girls to see an early movie. I dropped hubbie off at home so he could get started mowing and mulching the lawn once more this season and I headed over to Advent hospital to have my blood drawn for my annual physical. I usually have this done before I see the doctor but since I switched doctors I am going back next week to another appointment with him to discuss the results of the blood work.   It took about an hour to work through the process for lab work at the hospital and then I headed home.   I had lunch then when hubbie finished mowing we went up and moved the "Bonesteel" chicken tractor out of the garden and into the bigger hen lot . I didn't want to just move the hens because it will crowd the house that is in the lot and also these hens are my youngest hens which are laying well still and I didn't want to disturb that. So hopefully having their usual house in the lot will help to keep them on schedule. We left the hens in the lot to be caught later this evening and put in the house to roost tonight. I cleaned this house out and also cleaned the bigger house in the lot out , getting them ready for winter.   Daughter dropped IR and CA off to stay while she went to look at some new furniture. We played in the beautiful golden light of another lovely sunset.





Every time I look at "Black Jack" this little tossed out, unwanted kitten I think about how lucky he was to find his way to our front door. The girls all love him and he seems to return their affection.



After playtime we got evening chores done with the girls helping and then caught the nine hens and put them inside their old house in their new lot . Also took the one last youngest pullet out of the smallest tractor and out her in the big hen house.
We came inside and the girls were hungry so we fixed them something to eat and I put a package of fresh pork sausage links in the pressure pot to go with the baked potatoes we already had in the oven for our supper.  Daughter came after the girls just as they finished eating.  It is nice to have an evening without working on cakes for a change. 
I am looking forward to spending a wonderful Thanksgiving day with my family and I pray you all have a wonderful safe fun Thanksgiving also.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night and Happy Thanksgiving.


1 comment: