Friday, August 3, 2018

BIG NEWS and PACKING DAY

Todays post might be short and not perfectly accurate since I am writing it on Sunday night and sooo much has happened since Friday.
We woke up Friday morning to another rainy morning and the start of a pretty major flood caused by the additional 2.3 inches of overnight rainfall.

We got soggy chores done and then I got my baking started. I baked 12 caramel, 4 chocolate, 4 pound cakes, 1 German chocolate order and 1 pan of brownies.
#2 son stopped by to get Tif a large suitcase and go over our plans for tomorrow.
I haven't said anything about this on here because like always I don't say when any of the family is going to be gone. But back in July the Friday hubbie and I came home from the beach #2 son and Tif stopped by to bring the eggs and mail by they had gathered all week. They told us Tif had just found out she got the 1st week in August that son has down for his vacation off also and they were thinking about going to Montana and wanted to know if we would like to go with them. Hubbie and I thought about it and decided this would be a perfect time to go if we were ever going to go anywhere. Neither of us has ever flown in a big airplane and since #2 son has flown multiple times he would be a good guide. The only time I have ever flown was years ago  when I was dating a pilot and he took me up and around town in his small plane. So this will be an entirely new experience for hubbie and me. But we figured getting to see Montana and Yellowstone National Park would be worth it.
So today is the getting ready for our trip day.
After I finished baking we packed our carry on bags and went through all the can and can't take items a second time to make sure we were okay.
The weather out there fluctuates greatly as you go higher so it was hard to pack all different weather clothes in just carry on luggage. Tif is going to check her bag so we are putting a couple things in her bag.
I think we are both getting nervous because we are snappy and ill.
#1 son brought RL up to play awhile this evening and tell us good bye.
We did chores and put extra feed and water in for all the animals. Daughter and son-in-love are coming back from the beach today and will be taking care of the farm while we are away.
They have been at Ocean Isle Beach all week and have been in the same rainy pattern as us but thankfully they did manage some beach time here and there for IR .







Son-in-love's brother Jason bought a boat while they were down there and they all got to go along on its trial run. IR did not like the life jacket or the boat ride !!!



We finally got inside about dark and I iced cakes the rest of the evening staying busy to keep my mind of the flight tomorrow.
As the day ended the clouds mostly broke up and gave us a beautiful sunset on this last day for a week around here.

Thankful for the blessings of this day, thankful for safe travel home for daughter and family, praying for safe travel for #2 son,Tif and hubbie and me tomorrow.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: