Tuesday, August 21, 2018

MORE GARDEN HARVESTING

Up to greet all three grandkids again this morning. I did chores then we had breakfast together. G-son sometimes is like a hollow log as he ate 5 waffles this morning with syrup. Guess that soccer practicing is increasing his appetite !!
IR acted sleepy so I took RL outside to walk while she got a morning nap.
RL gazed at her reflection in this water tank for a long time and then smiled and said I like my hair !!
When we came back inside IR was just waking up so that worked out well for her to get at least an hour nap today.
Hubbie played with the girls while I did some ironing and then fixed some lunch. I fried some corn beef and potatoes and cooked more of the fresh green beans we picked and we had a delicious lunch.
After we ate RL and I sat down to read a couple books and she went to sleep for her nap. Hubbie took IR outside and pushed her around in the stroller but she didn't go to sleep.
I decided that I need to get some sewing done as I am almost out of about everything at market and this is coming upon the time I usually sell sewn items pretty good so in each day hopefully I can find some time to sew up at least one item.
Since I didn't get anything done yesterday I made these 2 bonnets today to get started. I already had these cut out and waiting to be sewn.
I took g-son to soccer practice today and he acted like he fit right into the team. He is in the gray t-shirt and black shorts.

I came home and hubbie and I played with the girls until their mom's picked them up.

 After everyone left hubbie and I went up to pick in the garden. He picked tomatoes which are getting fewer and fewer with all the rainy weather. I picked my harvest of spaghetti squash for the season before the worms invade them laying on the ground.
Hubbie picked Kieffer pears for me to make jam from .

The grapes are doing great this year .
We brought everything to the house and then did chores for the evening.
We made a trip to Walmart to get my baking supplies for tomorrow. 
When we got back I caught up one more thing for this month as I figured my July figures and was surprised at how low they were. I thought I was busier than that but oh well !!!  I still made pretty good so I am very thankful for the business I did have.
Hubbie and I both are worn out tonight . We think we are still trying to get back into the regular routine after the week off.  Plus with IR now walking all over the place we are more active .
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the grace of a loving Savior .
God Bless and Good Night