Thursday, August 2, 2018

SLOW RAINY MARKET DAY

Up to an earlier alarm today to get everything done and get to market on time. Hubbie is already gone since he is managing market today and that makes for some extra work for me getting ready.
It is still raining lightly this morning after some very heavy overnight rains that left another 1.5 inches in the gauge this morning.
I looked around for damage from the heavy overnight rains but saw nothing thankfully.
I got chores done and then got the rest of our things loaded for market.
I did make it on time and hubbie and g-son who was spending the morning helping us at market for something to do helped carry things in as the rain still was pretty light. D-in-love had dropped him off with hubbie after she dropped RL off at pre-school camp.
Rain fell all morning, sometimes very heavy other times lighter but it kept customers away and we had a pretty slow day but I am thankful for all we did sell.
D-in-love picked g-son up after she picked g-daughter RL up from her pre-school camp last day.
Hubbie and I got things together and left to run our errands. Hubbie had to make his dump run and then stop at Walmart. I made stops at the bank ,PO, and Aldi in a pouring rain.
It was raining so hard when I was driving home it was scary there was so much standing water on the roads and visibility was so bad. Thankfully I made it .
Hubbie helped me unload , he had just gotten home and we were both already wet so we finished unloading and then changed into dry clothes.
He and I both rested and watched the news until chore time. Thankfully we were able to get chores done in another short break from the heavy rains. I emptied another 2.5 inches of rain from the gauge from today's rainfall that brings the total for the 2 days to 5.7 inches. I am surprised the creek isn't flooded and it is running bank full this evening.  I think the intermittent heavy and light rain periods plus the fact that it was so dry around here has helped more of the rains get absorbed and not run off.
There are plenty of places that are flooding around the area this evening.
We set a new record low temp for this date today with a high of only 72 degrees.

And it looks like we will be getting plenty of rain for awhile now.
And we are getting ready to get hit once again.

Thankful for the blessings of this day and the love and grace of my Precious Savior Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night.




1 comment:

linda m said...

What a way to welcome August. I was hoping for some rain after the dry spell we have been having, but no such luck. The grass will just have to stay brown I guess. Have a blessed weekend.