Wednesday, August 15, 2018

LATE BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

Up to a quiet morning with no little ones around today.  We got our day started with breakfast then I did chores and got ready to start baking. Hubbie decided to do some weed eating while the grass dried enough to mow. All the rain last week while we were gone really encouraged growth of grass and weeds around here.
I baked 6 caramel, 4 chocolate, 4 pound cakes and 1 pan of brownies.
I finished up just in time for an on time lunch.
After lunch I worked on the last 2 weeks paperwork and paid bills which took longer than I thought it would. I have a basket of tomatoes waiting to be canned and I thought I would get that done this afternoon before it was time to go to my birthday dinner with the kids but by the time I finished my paperwork it was about 2:45 and I decided that was too late to start canning since I would need to be finished by 5:00 at the very latest.
Instead I iced my cakes and then did chores early so I wouldn't have that to do when I got back in case it was later than expected.
We went to the Flat Rock Wood Room for dinner and everyone made it except d-in-love and g-daughter RL since RL didn't get a nap today so she was in a foul mood this evening so she put her chickens up and went to bed.

Aa's family had a sick BB so they didn't get to go either.
The food was great as usual and we all had a nice visit.
For my birthday the kids got me an Ancestry DNA kit which I have been talking about doing for a long time.
Yay  Now I can find out more about my ancesters and what my background is.
I can't wait to get started on this !!!
Hubbie and I came home and finished chores and then I got all my cakes ready for market tomorrow and blogged while hubbie watched TV.
Thankful for a loving caring family and the blessings of the Lord on this day.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: