Wednesday, August 29, 2018

BUSY BAKING and FIRST SOCCER GAME FOR G-SON

Up to greet a really grouchy g-son this morning. We decided his mom would bring him up here for his breakfast of waffles and syrup each day even when RL isn't coming,while he waited on daughter and IR to get here to ride to school with her.
He has his first soccer game today and he was really nervous so he was a grouchy bundle of complaining nerves this morning but he ate and daughter took him away to try and calm his fears.
I did chores while hubbie played with IR and then we had breakfast before I got my baking started.
I baked 12 caramel, 3 chocolate, 4 pound , 1 blackberry wine cake and 1 pan of brownies.
We had a late lunch of some soup I made in the pressure pot and then IR went down for a short nap.
While she slept I changed out all the furniture covers and bed clothes. I did some dusting and cleaned some glass around the house although it doesn't do much good to wash the little finger prints off the windows because I know she'll be watching out them as soon as she wakes up.
I did some laundry and then rested for a few minutes until IR woke up.
I thought about g-son all afternoon and wondered how he was doing. His first soccer game is in Macon County which is about 2 hours away. It is a long bus ride and hopefully the rain that was falling there when I listened to the news and weather at noon will have moved out before he gets there.
D-in-love is getting off work early and making the trip to the game.
He plays in what is called a pre-game which is designed for the 6th graders who won't see much action in the regular games so g-son played in that game and since it started at 4:00 d-in-love didn't make it to see him.
It was a beautiful afternoon for a soccer game.



She called after the game and said they tied the pre-game and won the regular game so they were all happy. G-son wanted to ride the bus back because they were stopping for pizza.
She said he had lost all his apprehension of the morning.
After g-daughter IR left hubbie and I did chores then I did weekly paperwork and paid bills.
I spent the rest of the evening icing cakes and getting ready for market.
Thankful for the many blessings of this day and for God's calming hand on g-son as he struggles with all the new adventures of middle school.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: