Friday, August 10, 2018

LAST DAY IN MONTANA

Hubbie and I watched the lama trail walk get organized as we had breakfast.
On this predicted 100+ degree day I wouldn't think this wouldn't  be a good day to trail walk with the lamas but these folks evidently didn't mind .
Hubbie and I relaxed and watched the deer around the cabin for the last morning.



After everyone ate we headed out to do some exploring of the area on this last day. We drove a dirt road that runs up beside the lodge and saw more pretty scenery and we ended up in Chico where we visited Sunday.




We wondered why there were stacks of rocks on every fence post along this road ???
Most houses are meager cabins and they all have horns or dried heads on them.


From there we drove to Livingston, MT and walked down the old main street . We stopped in a resale shop and I lucked up and found another carry-on bag for all the things I have bought !!!
We drove around past the train depot which was active with trains coming and going and we saw the old feed and seed store as well as some of the stores that dated from the early 1920's..



We had lunch at a little out of the way dinner and it was delicious.
We stopped by the Yellowstone river and did some exploring along its banks and I picked up some very pretty and different rocks for my vacation collections. My collections usually consist of shells and shark teeth picked up at the beaches but this time it is small river rocks of all different colors from the Yellowstone river in Montana.



We hung out around the cabin in the air conditioning this afternoon as the temp sored to 100 degrees.
Hubbie and I walked over to the lodge to make some pics and the heat was like walking through an oven but we didn't sweat. It is a very different feeling heat than we are used to in NC.
I had to laugh as we sat down in the sunshine to enjoy the view and my black bra that I have on today was actually burning me.
We made this photo of Emigrant Peak and our cabin to enlarge and hang on our wall at home to remind us of this wonderful trip/

For our last meal in the area  we drove through Pray, MT and found a little out of the way lodge and dinner with live music and the food here was very good as it has been in any of the places we have eaten. Instead of the typical large fireplace this place had one of these heaters.
It was called Pine Creek cabins and café and had some interesting furnishings.
Tonight I was especially impressed with the Huckleberry vinegaret salad dressing that came with my salad. I hope to find some online to order.
The sun goes down on our trip to Montana on another glorious day.
Word from home says the weather is definitely not as good . Daughter and son-in-love went to an outdoor concert tonight on the Biltmore Estate and got evacuated into the Biltmore House out of a sever storm that passed over that area. She said it was the first time in their history that they had to evacuate because of weather.


Other news from home is exciting as g-son called me today telling me he made the middle school soccer team as a 6th grader. He was so excited and I am so proud of his efforts.

We finished the evening packing and getting ready to leave for the airport early in the morning.
Thankful for a wonderfully blessed perfect week that has surpassed all my expectations and I am humbly grateful to God for giving me the courage to come out here and see what seems like another world that He created. Praying for traveling mercies tomorrow as we fly home.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: