Saturday, August 4, 2018

FIRST FLIGHT

Well at least I slept better last night than I expected I would and I don't really feel that nervous this morning. We got chores done and headed to market. Since our flight is out of Greenville, SC   and doesn't leave until 5:20 we are going to market this morning until noon.
Hubbie left right after he helped me get set up and I had a very good selling day. Since the weather has finally broke and the sun is shining folks were out and about today. And thankful for the sunshine so hubbie can get the lawn mowed this morning.
I left market at noon and got home to get things put away and check the animals and get ready to go. #2 son and Tif came over at 1:30 and we loaded all our luggage in my Honda and left son's truck here.
We are going to leave my Honda at the airport. Several family members and friends have offered to drive us there and today isn't the problem but we aren't supposed to get back next Saturday until about 10:30 and if we should get delayed it wouldn't be fair to ask someone to get out in the middle of the night and pick us up.
Daughter and son-in-love arrived home about the time we left so we checked with them on the interstate conditions to choose which way we should get to the airport which is about a hour drive.
We didn't have any traffic problems at all and arrived at the airport earlier than we needed to but it is always better to be early than late.
There were no lines anywhere we went to check bags at the scanners. My necklace set off the scanner and I had to be felt of around the neck but that was minor. I guess that cross necklace wasn't as cheap as I thought it was !!
As we sat and chatted waiting to board our plane I was amazed at how calm both hubbie and I were. I can't speak for him but my nervousness totally left me.
We boarded a small United airlines plane and were off.






I truly enjoyed the window seat and watching all the land go by under us all the way to Chicago. I was elated that we actually flew over Lake Michigan before landing.


The Chicago airport was very large and different than Greenville and I was very glad we were with #2 son as he expertly maneuvered us from the terminal we landed in to another terminal that our flight to Bozeman, Montana was leaving from.

This flight was longer and required a much bigger plane.
Luckily I ended up with another window seat which I was very thankful for as I got to watch the sunset from above the clouds which I thought was amazingly beautiful.



This flight was long and we got pretty bored and both of us had to spend part of it standing to relieve our painful knees.
We actually made it in less time than predicted and it was a perfect day for flying.

We landed in Bozeman at 10:00 but it felt like midnight to us on eastern time.
We picked up the checked bags and our rental car which made Tif very happy as it was a 4-runner just like the one she had traded for her mail jeep earlier this year.
It took a couple wrong turns to get our directions in the dark correct but we made it to the Sage Lodge in Pray , Montana  about 11:30 Montana time.
We are staying in one of their cabins and are very happy with the beauty of it. The one bad thing is there are a couple other bedrooms they could rent out and that would mean sharing the common area and kitchen with strangers so we are hoping no one rents the other 2 rooms.
When I got a quick bath and got into bed it was 3am eastern time.
I am very thankful for the traveling mercies we received today and for the loving protection of our Heavenly Father. Also I am most thankful for the peace He gave me to do something I never thought I would do.
God Bless and Good Night.



1 comment:

linda m said...

Have a wonderful time in Montana. Blessings