Thursday, August 5, 2021

BUSY ERRAND DAY

 An early alarm this morning so we can get chores done and grab some breakfast before we head over to Fletcher to the place I bought my tires to have them rotated. I get free rotations for the life of my tires every 10,000 miles. It has taken me almost exactly 2 years to put the first 10,000 miles on them. I had a 9:30 appointment and they got me right in and we were finished before 10:00. Hubbie and I got our camp chairs out of the Honda and sat outside to be on the safe side. The guy that owns the place said after 30 years in business we were the first customers to ever bring out camp chairs to sit outside in. Although there was another lady sitting outside also in the window of the office. I told him there were a lot of first in this day and time.  We left there and stopped by Fletcher feed to pick up chicken feed. We dropped d-in-love-A off a bag for her hens on the way home. She has all the girls this morning while daughter is going with one of our cousin's to the Wee-trade sale on an early ticket so there won't be a crowd of people there. We came home and put the feed away and then got in hubbie's truck to head into town to get our weekly errands done. We made stops at the PO, the dump/ recycle center, the bank, Sav Mor grocery, CBD central store, Curb Market to pick up money for things I have sold, M&M meat market for some on sale roast and then headed home. We dropped off canning jars for #1 son and picked up a salad daughter brought me as she is eating with all the girls at d-in-love-A's house.  Hubbie and I got things put away and repackaged the roast for the freezer before we had out lunch. Daughter came in with IR and CA just as we finished eating.  She needed to go home and bake cakes for the produce stand so she left the girls here while she did that. We played outside and then came inside for snacks and to rest and watch TV.  Daughter picked the girls up and hubbie got on the lawn mower and I went up to the garden and picked some peppers to go with the tomatoes I have to make a run of salsa tomorrow. 

I got chores done and then baked 3 chocolate cakes for an order that came in today. It is a nice but cool night again. These nice "Fall" feeling days are coming to an end next week but they sure have been a nice break from the heat of August dog days.  We are supposed to wake up again in the morning to upper 50's temps. This is how far away from normal we were today.

Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for the family and friends sick with the covid virus.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: