Friday, August 20, 2021

TRIP TO KNEE DOCTOR

 Had another rough night with knee pain so I was glad that IR and CA watched TV quietly this morning so I could get a few minutes extra sleep. I got up and got chores done and then had breakfast with the girls. We had a Sam's Club order and a Walmart order to pick up this morning at around the same time. We all loaded up in the Honda to go get our grocery orders. The girls helped get things carried in and we got everything put away. They were hungry again so we fixed them some lunch and I ate one of IR's frozen PB and jelly sandwiches which turned out to be a huge mistake as I immediately got indigestion . I'm sure the fact that I was headed to the walk in ortho clinic right after lunch didn't help matters either.  I left to go to the clinic about 12:30 and arrived at 1:00. I got checked in and was told there was 4 folks in front of me.  This clinic is pretty quick so it wasn't long after I got the paperwork filled out that I was called back for and x-ray.  The doctor said my injured knee looked better on the x-ray than the other knee and he moved my knee all around and mashed on it all over and I felt no pain so he said he didn't think there was any ligament damage. He said he wanted to give it until the end of the month to heal on it's own before he administered a steroid shot which was fine with me. The last steroid shot I got in the other knee years ago took a week to work and then left me with a bad catch in my knee for months.  I left the clinic at 2:30 and headed home. The stretching of my leg and bending of my knee actually made everything feed much better by the time I got home.  IR was waiting to show me her masterpiece when I got home.

CA was napping so hubbie went out and started mowing the lawn when I got back. I stayed inside with the girls until daughter got here.
CA woke up and we went outside to watch hubbie finish the mowing then he helped get the baby's carseat in daughter's van so she is ready when the time comes. She is hoping the full moon coming Sunday will be the key for her. 
These two sisters are about to get a little sister and have their lives turned upside down !!!!
After daughter left hubbie and I got chores done then gathered produce from the garden. I cut the okra and picked some more dried beans while hubbie gathered squash, cucumbers and tomatoes. The tomatoes are out doing themselves right no so I will be canning tomatoes the first of the week.
Tomorrow is our first rooster harvest day of this season so no canning tomorrow.
This little girl had her "meet the teacher" time this afternoon and she did great and was happy about getting to go to school.

As I went back out this evening to shut up the chickens I saw this huge August full moon which is also called the "sturgeon moon" and this one is also a "blue" moon because it is the third of four full moons of this summer season.
I iced a coconut cake this evening and then got an early bedtime.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and thanks for the answered prayers that nothing major was wrong with my knee.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: