Friday, August 6, 2021

SALSA MAKING DAY

 Up to get this Friday started. I got chores done and then had a leisurely breakfast. Everyone has their own agendas this morning so it is pretty quiet around here.  After I ate I started gathering salsa making supplies.  This smells so good while it cooks on the stove .

This salsa has to waterbath for 40 minutes so I had lunch while it processed. Daughter came over with the girls and brought me a couple quarts of freshly harvested honey from a friends farm. It was really good tasting honey so mild and smooth this year.   I took the salsa jars out of the canners and ended up with 15 very pretty tasty jars of salsa to add to the winter pantry.
Hubbie came in the house from spraying weed killer and said maybe he should go buy a lottery ticket today as this must be his really lucky day.  He has been spraying around the garden and bumped into one of his woodpiles . A huge black hornet swam came out of this huge nest but he managed to avoid getting stung .
We went outside and let the girls color in new books that their great aunt Beverly gave them today for late birthday presents. 

CA who was eating blackberries early has the typical summertime look today.
After the girls all left hubbie and I planted a row of Kale and Collard greens in the garden in an empty row and then I planted a bed full of another variety of Collards and a raised bed full of lettuce, spinach, Swiss chard and ghost Kale.   We'll see what the "ghost" is like.   I will take pics when and if all this comes up. I also cut up the hard pan soil where the camper cover chicken tractor spent an extended time and sowed Mustard seed there.  We typically don't like Mustard greens but it is a very quick growing green and the chickens love it.
We got chores done and then I shucked another bunch of money plant to replace one I has sold at market.  I finished the evening icing the chocolate cakes I baked last night.  
Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for family and friends suffering with Covid as they slowly recover.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: