Monday, August 23, 2021

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

 Monday morning with RL here for the last day before she starts school. We were up earlier so hubbie could go pick up g-son and take him to his first day of high school. He sure is handsome this morning.

And these two look so grown up heading into their first day of school, EL headed to third grade and BB headed to his first grade year. 
Kindergarten has a staggered start for the first two days and RL isn't going until tomorrow for her first day.
I hope all these kids have a wonderful year.  Daughter opted not to go back around all the kids and chance picking up the covid virus before she delivers her baby.
When hubbie got back I did some leg stretches and then went out to get chores done. I came back inside and ate breakfast with RL. It will definitely be strange not having her around everyday.
I got a load of laundry started and then got started on canning all the extra tomatoes hubbie has been gathering.  I spent the afternoon between getting 3 loads of weekly laundry done getting all the tomatoes in 14 quarts of canned tomatoes and they sure are pretty.


Daughter brought IR and CA over and spent the afternoon playing with RL.  After they left we watched the news then I went out to get chores done and then hubbie helped me pull weeds out of my Hosta bed below the chicken lots. It had gotten so overgrown I was afraid the Hosta was going to be choked out.
It looked so much better when we finished but it was too dark for a pic.  I also sweated a gallon or two while we worked in the very warm, humid evening. Thankfully we didn't get any rain today after the 2/10ths inch we got yesterday.
We came inside and I made 3 caramel cakes before my big mixer died on me. It has been sounding pretty bad and tonight all of a sudden it just died. This old mixer has mixed many many cakes so it is time for a new one.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for #2 son and d-in-love-Tif as they head to the hospital tomorrow night for an induction to meet their sweet baby girl.
God Bless and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

The grand kids all look so grown up. Time sure does fly by quickly these days.