Sunday, August 15, 2021

GETTING READY FOR FRED !!

 Thankful this Sunday morning to have had a good night's sleep and that my knee actually feels better and I didn't need a crutch at all after I got up this morning to help get going.  I got chores done and had breakfast then we started getting ready for lunch today. It will be a slim group today as #1 son's family went to get in one last pool trip before school starts and #2 son and d-in-love-Tif still are afraid to come in close contact with us after their bout with the covid virus.  Since son has never had any signs of the virus he is afraid he might have gotten it later than Tif and still might have it.  Daughter and her girls and Aa's family were the only ones who made it today to have the roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, creamed corn, biscuits and sweet tea.   After we ate the kids played outside for a little while then Aa's family went home and daughter left for an appointment leaving IR and CA here for the afternoon. The sun was shining and they played outside then it started thundering and came a couple showers of light rain running us inside to play. CA took a nap and then when the rain slacked off IR went with me out to pick blueberries, cut okra and then she made her mom wait for her to gather the eggs before they left for home. After they left hubbie and I got some gardening work done before the rain sets in from Fred the tropical storm. I gathered some of the drying dragon tongue beans that were touching the ground to bring inside to dry on the screens in the sunroom. I also gathered the Cheyenne peppers that were turned red and touching the ground.  


I also found a bowl of huge blackberries from the vines that just keep on giving.

And I have to brag on these several year old sunflower seeds I threw out here that are producing these lovely blooms that make me smile each time I look at them.

While I gathered low growing vegetables hubbie made a trellis to get out raspberry plant vines off the ground.

We usually don't even come into the garden on Sundays but with the rainy week predicted ahead we thought this was our chance to save some of the garden produce. Hubbie also picked tomatoes that he thought the rain would cause to split.  The only thing I wished I would have had time for was to harvest the ripe grapes from our vines. Hopefully we will have a break tomorrow morning and I can get them gathered in also.   We got chores done just before another rain shower came through. We also moved these teenage Silkie chicks in with the big silkies tonight so they would have more room than with the bigger layer breed chicks they have grown up with.

This is the latest location and predicted land fall for Fred.

                                       


Praying for safety during this storm and for all who are in the path of Fred and Grace as they make their way toward the US.

Thankful for the blessings of this day and thankful for the pain getting less from my knee injury.

God Bless and Good Night

2 comments:

Hidden Haven Homestead said...

Walmart and Walgreens have Covid test kits for sale (2 in a box for $19.99) just ask at pharmacy desk. My daughters dr told her about them after she tested positive and was worried about her husband and daughters.

Hidden Haven Homestead said...

Walmart and Walgreens have Covid test kits for sale (2 in a box for $19.99) just ask at pharmacy desk. My daughters dr told her about them after she tested positive and was worried about her husband and daughters. Info in case you son and DIL want to do another test