Wednesday, August 11, 2021

SALSA DAY

 UP to get chores done on another hot sunny morning. This week has been the first typical August weather we have had this year and next week it is predicted to cool back down into the 70's but today we near 90.

While I was getting chores done I took a really nasty fall and hurt my bad knee pretty bad. The pain was so bad it made me sick and trigged a migraine aura.  Hubbie came out and helped me up and helped me finish chores. I came inside and got an ice pack for my migraine and layed down on the bed with a pack of crackers since I felt like I needed something in my stomach.

After about 30 minutes the aura was gone but the knee pain was still hanging on. I got up and had a cup of tea and more crackers before hubbie and I headed out in his truck to make an egg delivery and shop Sav Mor for a few things.

When we got home my knee felt a little better after all the movement so I decided to go ahead and get the salsa I was planning on making today started. Daughter dropped off IR and CA while she went to her doctor appointment this week. The girls ate lunch then they played in the living room with hubbie. I turned these assorted tomatoes into 14 jars of really nice thick salsa. Hubbie ate the little bit that was left over and said it was really good. Because of my knee pain I didn't chop the peppers and onions as much as usual but that seemed to be better.

                                                  


By the time I finished these I was in alot of pain and spent the time until choretime on the couch with ice on my knee and it elevated. 
I hobbled through chores and then hit the couch again to watch a rain storm roll in and leave us a very thankful 1/2 inch of rain and it was still raining lightly when we went out to shut the chickens up. We have been desperately needing rain so this is definitely an answer to our prayers and it came without too bad of a thunder and lightening storm.
This first sunflower finally started to open up after the rain this evening.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and thankful that I didn't break any bones this morning in my fall.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: