Wednesday, August 25, 2021

PEPPER RELISH MAKING AND WAITING FOR BABY #5

 Up to another hot humid morning. D-in-love had to take RL to the dentist at 9:00 this morning so she took g-son to school so hubbie got to sleep in today. The news from the hospital is they are getting ready to give d-in-love-Tif the second step of induction medicine to continue to soften her cervix.                        We got chores done this morning and then I headed out to pick up an Aldi curbside order. I love this way of shopping especially when they are standing out front waiting on you when you pull up like they were today.  I came home and met daughter in the driveway , she dropped off IR and CA on her way to her doctor appointment for this week.  We unloaded all the groceries and then played the morning away. RL called on her way back to school and was excited that the dentist found that she has 2 loose lower teeth.  She was already counting her money from the tooth fairy !   We all had lunch then I started getting things ready to make some pepper/ onion relish. I made this several years ago and we ran out of it last year but I didn't have any peppers last year so I decided to turn this basket of bell peppers into the relish with the addition of some onions that I bought this morning. 

I made 9 half pints of the relish. This is really great on hot dogs and deviled eggs.

Daughter made it back from the doctor with a headache so she crashed on the couch while CA napped and IR and hubbie went outside to play.  I sat out all the big tomatoes we gathered yesterday on the sunroom table. I sill have a couple basket bottoms covered with Roma tomatoes also that I plan on making some "tomato junk" for the freezer.
I cut up and froze the okra that I cut the other day. I freeze this in the same method as berries so I can have loose pieces to use in soups and gumbo.
And I froze the last blueberries I picked. I have been eating these on my oatmeal every morning but needed the room in the frig.
After I finished all this I went outside to join hubbie and IR for an ice cream cone and watch IR swing.  After daughter and CA woke up they came out and played for awhile until chore time. Both girls wanted to go help with the chickens so they got their boots on and were excited to feed corn and gather eggs.
After we got chores done the girls begged to stay here and have a picnic supper outside so daughter went home alone.  Hubbie cooked them a pizza and they had a good time eating outside.
Hubbie took the girls home when he went to daughter's to pick up trash.  I did some weeding in the back yard while he was gone . When he got back we shut the chickens up and then came inside. I baked 3 caramel cakes and then relaxed for the evening.
Update from the hospital on d-in-love-Tif,  they broke her water at 8:00 tonight and are just waiting for her to progress.  I pray for quick progress for her and that the baby gets here soon.  
We had a bad thunder and lightening storm tonight with heavy pouring rain, hopefully no damage around here.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night







1 comment: