Thursday, August 12, 2021

MAKING ZUCCHINI CHIPS TODAY

 I had a very rough night of sleep last night and am feeling groggy this morning. My fall yesterday must have done more damage than I thought as I went to bed last night with an ice pack on my knee thinking it would feel better in the morning like it usually does. After about an hour of restless sleep I woke up in severe pain that radiated all the way done my shin to my ankle. I couldn't find a position that would help the pain so I got up and put more pain cream on my leg and took Tylenol hoping it would help me sleep. It did and I did sleep off and on but each time I moved the pain woke me up but thankfully I could go back to sleep by getting in another position.                                                                                                               Hubbie helped me with chores this morning as I started out on a crutch but my knee got strong enough pretty quick to be able to walk on my own thankfully.  We got chores done then had breakfast before we loaded up in hubbie's truck to make our weekly errand run.  We only had a couple stops to make today at the PO and the dump / recycle center.  We came home and I sliced zucchini to go in the dehydrator. I saw someone on instagram making these zucchini chips and thought I would try them  with the abundance of zucchini we have right now. I sliced them and sprinkled them with vegetable seasoning and chili powder.


Daughter brought the girls over with lunch and stayed for the afternoon to let them play outside. I spent a lot of time on the couch today with my knee elevated trying to get it better. It does feel better this evening than yesterday so hopefully I can sleep tonight.
We got a short shower of rain right after daughter left with the girls this evening leaving only about 1/10th in the gauge. With the newly named tropical storm ,Fred heading out way the first of next week looks like we night catch up on all the rain we've been missing in a couple days. Which won't be a good thing.

I got chores done tonight by myself and then came inside and baked 3 caramel cakes.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day and praying my knee gets better quickly.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: