Sunday, August 1, 2021

BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION SUNDAY

 The air feels different this morning as I get out to get chores done. We have a front moving through our area and it is going to drop our high temperatures into the mid 70's by Tuesday. The air isn't as humid as it has been. After chores I had breakfast then started getting things ready for lunch. I made a cucumber salad and an apple crisp for dessert.  We had a roast beef in the crock pot and fixed corn on the cob and mashed potatoes plus hubbie made slaw from one of our last cabbages from the garden.  We actually forgot to fix fresh green beans . With all the baskets of bean setting in the kitchen I have no idea how that happened !     Everyone made it to lunch except #2 son and Tif .  

The kids all came in baring birthday gifts for me today and made my day very special.




CA and BB were too busy to have their pictures made but they were here also.
We all ate and then headed outside in the cool breeze under the covered patio to break green beans. Re had brought a bucket of her beans over here and daughter helped her break hers and d-in-love and IR helped me break a basket of mine.

The other kids were swinging and playing with Pawpaw.

We got all these beans broke before everyone went their separate ways for the afternoon.  Hubbie and I finished breaking the last basket of beans we picked yesterday and filled 3 large bowls and 1 medium sized bowl so I probably will have about 4 canner runs for tomorrow.
We got evening chores done and I finally got a peak at this white Silkie's hatch so far. She has 2 guineas and 2 silkie chicks. Their was one dead guinea in the nest and a couple unhatched eggs that I left under her for a couple more days.
We finished chores and finished the evening back out in the covered patio enjoying this mild evening weather. 
Thankful for a wonderful Sunday filled with many undeserved blessings and praying for family and friends who are fighting the covid virus right now.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

Happy belated Birthday to you. Looks like you had a fun party. May God continue to richly Bless you.