Saturday, July 31, 2021

HAPPY # 67 TO ME

 Up to another hot day. I got chores done and was very thankful that my sore back is better this morning. I had a leisurely breakfast then made a cake and egg delivery. On the way home we stopped at the corn field and picked enough corn for tomorrow's lunch . We came home and I washed out all the bowls and pots we used yesterday for the corn and cleaned up the covered patio. I decided to let the sun help dry the bowls and pots.

I watered all my inside plants and the plants in the backyard. These last few 90 degree days have certainly dried things out. I put away laundry and then had a BLT for lunch.  After lunch I pulled grass and weeds out of the back steps. Daughter brought the girls over mid afternoon when it got a little cloudy to help pick green beans. I am picking the second picking of these half runners to can on Monday. IR was a big help picking but got too hot today.



She had to take a couple popsicle breaks today but was still a great helper.  I am glad she loves gardening.  We finished with 1 and 1/2 bushels this time which was a bushel less than the first picking which is pretty normal. After we finished picking hubbie sprayed them so they will continue to at least give us fresh beans to eat.
#1 son's family stopped by after their tubing trip today down Green River. RL went along this time and did very well for her first time. After everyone left hubbie and I  had to run to get the bowls and pots off the lawn chairs as a surprise shower came through out area. We waited until the short shower was over and got chores done. 
After chores we sat out in the covered patio and broke beans. I put the broken beans in the frig to wait until Monday for canning. 
As I shut up the hens tonight I saw this guy who is always watching me when I pass his way. He is a huge black spider and is always in his web hole so maybe he is smart enough to know it wouldn't be good for him to surprise me !!!

And before the day ends I have to wish myself a happy birthday as I turn a year older today. All the grand girls sang to me today and that was the greatest gift I could have received .
Thankful for a wonderfully blessed birthday 
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: