Wednesday, July 14, 2021

BLACKBERRY PICKING IN THE RAIN AND RAINBOWS

 Up to get another busy day started. We both had gotten woke up at a very early hour this morning by rain on the metal roof that left 1/2 inch in the gauge and a very muggy feeling morning.  I got chores done and had breakfast then we loaded up eggs and a cake and went to make deliveries. We also made a stop at Sav Mor grocery store .  We met daughter and the girls back here for lunch.  After we ate daughter and I headed up on Sugarloaf mountain to our friend's blackberry farm. CA and hubbie stayed here and IR went with us. She was ready to pick some berries.

She was a great berry picker and had her own bucket to fill with these huge berries.
Just as I was topping my bucket off rain started falling and daughter who had already picked 2 buckets and I hurriedly helped IR finish filling her bucket , she had already picked it over half full. We all three got totally soaked by the time we made it back to the van. I picked up Deb, d-in-love-A's mom a bucket of pre picked berries as RL didn't want to come pick. We dropped her berries off on our way back here. We unloaded the berries and picked up hubbie and CA and then headed to Mills River to a farm that is selling pork and beef at their farm this evening. We bought some pork and a couple beef things to try. Hubbie and I are not crazy about grass finished beef , we had rather have grass fed / grain finished beef like we used to do it. They supplement their grass with grains from a local brewery so we wanted to try it.  In the pork we bought breakfast sausage, polish sausage, bacon, pork chops and ribs. We came home and put away all our meat. IR wanted to stay here for a while and help with chores. We watched the early news while it rained a light but steady rain that put an additional 2/10ths inch in the gauge. We got chores done and I had a great helper.

We had looked for a rainbow all afternoon since we got wet in the berry patch and she finally got a chance to see one and was very happy.
IR went home with hubbie when he went over to pick up daughter's trash. I came inside and worked on the baby quilt gifts and then did weekly paperwork and figured bills. When hubbie got back we shut up the chickens and moved the chicken tractor.  I came inside and iced chocolate and coconut cakes.
Yesterday's "to do" list was complete but on today's I fell short 1 thing again. I have plans to make Friday a make-up day along with a regular list day and try and catch up all the things I don't get to on the week days. I think I have done good with this list encouragement since this is the first week I've tried it and I have only 2 small task to catch up so far.
Thankful for the wonderful blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: