Friday, July 16, 2021

DAY TRIP FRIDAY

 UP early to get started on a very busy day. I got chores done and then grabbed a breakfast bar and coffee on my way out the door to make some cake deliveries. When I got back from the deliveries IR and CA were here while daughter went back to the doctor to have her blood pressure and urine re-checked.  Thankfully everything was back to normal and she was on her way back to get the girls before lunchtime. As soon as she picked the girls up hubbie brought the truck down loaded with old tires and old TV's plus a roll of carpet. Our county landfill has doubled the cost of taking these items so we are taking them to another county landfill that doesn't charge and recycles all these materials. It is about an hour drive so we were headed out around noon. We got there and unloaded and then went from there to Strawberry Hill in SC to pick up some fresh fruit for the food I am making for the baby shower on Sunday. We headed back home from there in the mid 90's temps looking forward to getting back to the cooler mountains.  Thankfully we didn't have any traffic problems and made it home around 3:00 even after stopping for grapes and strawberries and gas at Ingles.  We stopped by daughter's and picked up my order of cake boxes and then hurried home to have a very late lunch.  I wondered why I was feeling a bit shaky while in the grocery store and it dawned on me that I hadn't eaten anything since my breakfast bar this morning.  We unloaded the truck then made sandwiches for lunch. I love BLT's with egg on them for some added protein and I had an ear of the fresh corn we bought today and it was really good.  After we ate we went back over to daughters to help her and d-in-love-A made some fondant roses to go on the shower cupcakes. We came home and rested and watched the early news. It was the warmest day of the month today at 87 here . But for July that is a crazy first. We have only had 2 days this entire month so far that have been above normal temperatures.  We got chores done and then hoed the garden to catch for the week. We gathered cucumbers and squash and I noticed the half runner beans will be ready to pick and can next week.  So I need to see which day's "to do" list that needs to go into. I also need to pick the hot banana peppers and make more hot mustard sauce. This is such a busy time but so worth the work to have so much fresh food stored up for winter.  We finished the evening sitting out in the covered patio and I got a couple more bunches of money plant shucked for sale at market.

I put more blackberries in the freezer tonight and then rested for the evening.
Thankful for traveling mercies for today and for all the undeserved blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: