Saturday, July 10, 2021

WORK DAY SATURDAY

 Up to a slow Saturday morning. Hubbie is getting the smoker ready to smoke some briskets and ribs today. I got chores done then I helped him get 2 briskets and 3 packages of ribs in the smoker. It smells so good around our yard this morning.  We cleaned house this morning and then hubbie bush hogged the upper pasture while I watched the smoker temperature and and worked in the garden. I picked some new beans for lunch tomorrow to see how we like them.  These are called Red teepee beans and are very good producers with lots of beans and few leaves. They are so dark they are almost black. It will be interesting to see how they taste.

I gleaned more cucumbers and zuchinni squash from the garden. I cut up all the zuchinni and vacuum packed it for the freezer. I use this to thicken soups and stews and no one ever knows the zuchinni is in there ! And I will add that this vacuum sealer is a real life saver when it comes to keeping food fresh in the freezer.




I also picked the first blackberries of the season from my patch of tame thornless berries.
I walked around the yard with clippers and trimmed some bushes and weeds from my flower beds. I have a lot of color right now even with the drier weather we have been having.
All colors of Butterfly bushes are attracting plenty of butterflies and bees.


3 pretty hydrangeas are blooming right now.


These orange Lilies are showing off.
Oregano and Lavender is blooming right now also.

After we wrapped the meat in the smoker and turned the temperature down we went over to the neighbor's pool to watch the kids swim for a little while.






Hubbie and I came home and put potatoes in the oven and corn on the stove and made cucumber salad. #1 son's family and daughter's family came over to sample the smoked meats and have supper while the rain finally made it our way. We only got about 1/4 inch but it was welcome and the thunder stayed in the distance.   The brisket was delicious and the ribs were good but a little tough. 
We got chores done and then hubbie and I settled in for the evening.  
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night








No comments: