Tuesday, July 6, 2021

DILLY BEAN DAY

 UP to another hot sunny day. I got chores done and then had a nice breakfast of oatmeal and blueberries. I went to pick up my Walmart order and hubbie helped me get things all put away when I got back. I started gathering things to get my dilly bean canning going. I picked all these yesterday and am going to try the purple beans as dilly beans also to see how they do. They have a pretty big bean seed in them and I hope they don't fall apart with the heat of the water bath. 

I worked on these while hubbie went with daughter and the girls and d-in-love-A and RL over to sis-in-law- Sandy's pool to swim for the afternoon. The dilly beans took longer than I expected so I decided to stick with them and finished these 12 jars of dilly beans to add to the winter supply. 

I also bagged these blackberries daughter brought me from our neighbor's berry farm for the freezer today.
I washed all our mask and then washed my new tennis shoes to catch up on a few little task I have been putting off. Daughter and the girls and hubbie came back about 4:00 and the girls were worn out from the heat and swimming.  They went home and hubbie and I watched the news . We are supposed to get some much needed rain from Elsa as she passes to the south of us. I pray for the folks in her path but do pray that she brings us some rain.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night