Monday, July 12, 2021

BUSY MONDAY

 Up this Monday morning a little early to get chores done and have a quick breakfast before heading out to meet a cake customer. RL has been here since 7:15 and her and hubbie were happily playing outside when I got back.  Daughter picked me up shortly after I got home to go with her to her doctor appointment. She is having another ultrasound today and we are taking IR and CA with us to get a first look at their little sister plus the doctor who also delivered them has been asking to see them.  Son-in-love is having trouble today with another kidney stone so he is home in bed.  We were taken right back to the ultrasound room and the girls were interested in the pictures of their sister  which was fun to see.  Then we had to wait over an hour to see the doctor.


 The girls were pretty good but they were hungry so as soon as we got out of the doctor's office we headed across the street to McDonalds to get them lunch.  Then we stopped at Target on the way home to pick up some shower gifts for d-in-love-Tif and #2 son. We had to sit through road construction a couple times and we all felt like CA when we finally got home.

While CA continued her nap these two caught up on their missed play of the day by dancing .


After CA woke up daughter took her and IR home and d-in-love-A picked up RL.   I did a load of laundry and then went out to get chores done. 
This little red hen left her nest of eggs this morning and I broke all of them and only one more looked fertilized but the chick was way behind the tree she has already hatched. She seems to be an exception to the rule of these layer hens not being good dedicated mamas.
The other hen I tried to set last night was off the nest this morning but I left her in the box until this evening to see if she might change her mind. When she was still just wanting out of the box I put her back in the younger hen lot so maybe I broke her from her broody mood.  Hubbie and I also worked in the garden this evening and I picked the bush beans again to make more dilly beans and these red beans I will pressure for us to eat this week.
Hubbie also picked more cucumbers and squash. We both are impatiently waiting for our tomatoes to turn red. most of the vines are loaded so barring any bad weather we should have a good tomato crop this year.
We relaxed out in the covered patio for a few minutes to wait until time to shut the doors on the hen houses.
I came inside and put away the last load of laundry then baked 6 caramel and 1 chocolate cake.  I have started making a "to do" list for each day there is so much on my plate right now and today I failed to get everything done that I had on that list but oh well tomorrow is another day.
Thankful for the blessings of this day. Thankful for new family members coming soon and for traveling mercies today as we navigated these busy roads.
God Bless and Good Night





No comments: