Saturday, July 24, 2021

MARKET AND DILLY BEAN DAY

Up early to get chores done and then meet up with daughter and the girls at the Depot farmer's market in town. We got beets and peaches from a couple of our neighboring farmers. It was hot so we didn't stay very long and then we headed home. IR wanted to come home with us so she and I played while hubbie got started mowing grass. It is already getting cloudy and the rain is predicted to start around mid afternoon so he wanted to get the lawn mowed.  We got a shower of rain late yesterday that wasn't measurable but it wet the grass enough to make hubbie wait until late morning to get started with the mowing. I had a cake delivery at noon so IR and I headed out to get that done and then came back home for lunch.  Daughter dropped CA off on her way to deliver cakes and she ate lunch with us.  After daughter came back she took the girls home.  #1 son came up and brought the beans he picked yesterday and put in jars ready to make dilly beans and I directed him through canning 14 jars of dilly beans.

After he left hubbie and I got chores done and then ended the evening watching the smokey haze still covering the surrounding mountains.  Nature amazes me each day as I watched this pretty little butterfly or moth rest on this dead leaf in the grass.

This plant comes back each year and continues to put out these pretty blooms. A man at a flea market sold this to me years ago and said it was a moon plant . I don't think it is a moon plant because I have had moon flower vines and these flowers aren't near as big or as fragrant as the moon vines I've had. This plant actually looks more like Jimson weed but doesn't have the seed pods that the Jimson weed has and these trumpet blooms are also larger.

Thankful for the wonderful blessings of this day.

God Bless and Good Night 

No comments: