Monday, July 19, 2021

HOT MUSTARD MONDAY

 Up to get a new week started. It is a strange Monday morning not having RL here early while her mom goes to work. She is at Kindergarten camp this week. This is a new idea that hopes to serve as a pre-school week to give these kids a taste of what school is going to be like for them the first time.  These are some pics her mom sent of her first day.  RL had a gymnastics friend that is going with her this week and they walked in holding hands this morning.





Needless to say RL enjoyed her day very much thankfully.
I got chores done this morning and had breakfast before gathering laundry and getting a load started. I went up to the garden and gathered all the ripe hot banana peppers to make another run of hot mustard sauce.  I have enough peppers this time to make a full recipe so this will be all the hot mustard sauce we will need. If the peppers put more on I will offer them to other folks.



Daughter came in at lunch and brought the girls so she could get back home to do her online classes this week.  IR and CA stayed with hubbie while I finished the mustard canning. I had a total of 21 jars so this will definitely be enough for us. This run is a little hotter than the previous one I made this year but these peppers were more mature. Hubbie likes this run better because it is a little hotter.
IR helped me with laundry this afternoon and then she and CA wanted to help with chores this evening so IR was teaching CA how to throw corn to the chickens.
Daughter took them home for supper after we finished chores.  I sat out in the covered patio this evening and shucked money plant until the cool rain ran me inside.  With the rains overnight and today there was only 3/10ths inch of rain in the gauge this evening but it has rained heavier and steady this evening.  I baked 6 caramel cakes this evening and now I am definitely ready for bed tonight with an aching back .
Thankful for the wonderful blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night