Saturday, July 17, 2021

HOT HUMID JULY SATURDAY

 Up to a slow Saturday morning. After chores and breakfast I put my knee boots on and went out to cut some money plant that is growing down in the woods in front of the house. There is also poison ivy growing there so that is why I am wearing boots and gloves.  I cut all these and there is still some that isn't mature enough to cut yet.

I bagged these bunches and hung them in the basement to wait for me to get around to shucking them.
I had a couple things left from this weeks "to do" list that I needed to catch up and one of them was picking the blueberries. So I got that done next while the clouds were still giving some relief from the blazing sun and upper 80's temps.
There is a lot of damage to  a lot of the berries from the late frost this spring but thankful for a decent crop of sweet tasting berries.
I came inside just ahead of this thunder storm that was brewing .

I caught up on putting last weeks laundry away and then sat outside in the covered patio to watch this big storm blow to the south of our area. It sounded like a bad storm with loud thunder and across the sky lightening flashes. We only got a sprinkle of rain drops from it.
Hubbie went over to daughter's to help put up a couple ceiling fans to hopefully help with their mold problem in the summer time.  #1 son's family and a couple of son-in-love's brother's and their families went to Green river to tube today. They picked a good day to get in the cold water to beat this high humidity and heat.  RL didn't want to go on the river so she is at daughter's house.  
I got chores done and then started getting a few things ready for d-in-love-Tif and #2 son's baby's shower tomorrow. I made their little girl this quilt.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night





No comments: