Monday, July 5, 2021

CANNING SEASON 2021 HAS COMMENCED

 Got o sleep in a little this morning as schools are out so RL didn't come today as d-in-love was off work. We got chores done and had a nice leisurely breakfast before heading back out into the hot day , getting into the upper 80's today to remind all of us that this is summer time !!  We worked in the garden. Hubbie worked in the tomato patch while I hoed weeds from the rest of the garden, then I picked green beans to make dilly beans with.


I also picked enough hot banana peppers to make half a recipe of hot mustard sauce plus some more squash and cucumbers.
As the July 1st garden pics escaped me I will post them today.  First is the raspberry plants , then the winter squash (spaghetti, acorn and delicata) then a row of dried pole beans.
Then is the tomato patch that hubbie spends so much time in keeping them pruned and trellised.
Then we a row of bell peppers followed by a row of hot peppers, then a row of dried bush beans and a row of bush beans, then trellised cucumbers.
A row of half runner beans before the potato patch.
Followed by another row of half runner beans, then okra. cucumbers and squash followed by some late tomatoes , cabbage and brussels sprouts.
These are surprising brussel sprouts that are looking very healthy.
I planted banana squash in this tub.

In this tub I am waiting to see if this lone broccoli makes a head before planting my sweet potato slips in here.
Swiss Chard is the only things left in either of these beds as I am pulling the rest for the chickens as I get to them.
I have pulled over half the leaf lettuce in this bed out for the chickens.
Beets and carrots are all that is left in this bed.
In other foods around the yard the blackberries are starting to get ripe.
                                               
The grapes are loaded but some of them are showing signs of frost damage.

The blueberries are also loaded but are showing some signs of frost and freeze damage.
I came inside and had a late lunch and then did weekly laundry.
I also tackled the first canning of this 2021 garden season as I turned these hot banana peppers in these 7 jars of hot mustard sauce.

I got the laundry finished and then daughter called and invited us over for burgers tonight so we got chores done early and went over there to eat with them.  We brought the girls home with us for a little while and then took them home before bedtime.  I also made 6 caramel cakes tonight.
In another monthly catch up these are the incubator chicks hatched this spring. In this tractor is 13 roosters with the possibility that 1 of them is a pullet in here.
In this pen is the other 13 incubator hatched chicks. I think there are about 9-10 pullets and at least 3 roosters in here.
In this smaller tractor there is 9 of the silkie hatched chicks, 3 silkie chicks and 6 layer chicks.
And just this weekend I moved this lady in this box to sit and she has so far 3 guinea eggs under her. I will probably add a couple more guinea eggs over the next day or two and then next week at this time I will add a few silkie eggs. Guinea eggs take a week longer to hatch then chicken eggs.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the garden produce and meat and egg producing ability of my chickens.
God Bless and Good Night









No comments: