Sunday, July 11, 2021

BLESSED SUNDAY

 Up to a lazy Sunday morning. I actually had a hard time going to sleep last night, must have been the big supper I ate that I am not used to doing, anyway it felt good to get a few extra zzz's this morning.  I got chores done and then had breakfast. We started getting ready for Sunday lunch. I broke the fresh beans I picked from the garden yesterday and made a fruit dessert from some oranges that we had. Hubbie grilled some pork chops for some extra meat in case the smoked meat from yesterday wasn't enough. He also fried some fresh yellow squash and there were new potatoes in the oven with the biscuits. We also boiled out last bag of corn on the cob that we put up last year.  D-in-love-A and RL , daughter,IR and CA, #2 son and d-in-love-T all came to lunch and we ate and had a very nice visit.  #2 son and Tif brought a gallon of blackberries they had just picked from our friend neighbor's farm.  After everyone left hubbie and I relaxed and watched a rain storm pass to the south of our area that we only got a sprinkle from. Dark clouds hung around all evening but we only got a couple sprinkles.  Hubbie went over to help son-in-love put a fan in the crawl space under their house.  #1 son and his family came up and had left overs for supper then Aa's family stopped by on their way home from the Greenville zoo.  We sat outside and had a nice visit while the kids played.  After everyone left we got chores done and then I moved the red hen that has hatched 3 chicks and is still setting on a multitude of eggs since we were on vacation into a brooder box where her chicks will be safe wandering around while she still waits for more eggs to hatch.  I also moved another of the younger hens into a brooder box as she has been setting on eggs for the last couple days. I usually don't have any luck with layer hens setting long enough to hatch eggs but this little red hen has done it so I will let this other hen try to see if she will raise some chicks.  I didn't take any pics tonight because I wanted the hens to settle down before it got dark so tomorrow there will be pics.

As we enjoyed our garden bounty for our lunch and supper today this sign seems very appropriate for the way I feel when I work in my garden.

I am resting tonight and getting ready for a busy week.

Thankful for the blessings of a wonderful Sunday and prayerfully get ready for another week.

God Bless and Good Night

No comments: