Wednesday, July 21, 2021

GREEN BEAN CANNING DAY

 Up to a nice sunny morning today. I got chores done and then had my oatmeal and fresh blueberries breakfast. After I ate it was time to get into the bean canning mode for the first time this season. I crossed my fingers that my old antique canner would seal and work again this year.  I started filling jars with beans.

Hubbie went to pick up IR and CA just before lunch and they wanted to help break beans but it didn't take long for CA to completely loose interest and for  IR to realize it was a lot of work but to her credit she kept going as long as hubbie and me did until they were all broken.






I canned all afternoon and into the evening finishing with 39 quarts of half runner green beans and 2 quarts of yellow squash.

I only had one mishap with all these and that was on the last canner full. When I placed one of the jars in the canner I heard a loud pop and I knew that jar had broke in the hot water. I took out the jars already in the canner and got hubbie to carry it outside and dump all the green beans and glass out of it in a safe place. I refilled the canner and finished the last run.  I was having to do double duty this evening as their was a death in our church and I needed to bake cakes so I was having to watch the pressure on the canner anyway and decided to go ahead and bake the 3 cakes.  
It was "yellow" day at kindergarten camp today and RL got to hunt for gems. 

They also got to check out all these sea fossils and shells.
On Friday this "Buck" moon will be full and it is already impressive this evening with the smoke ring around it from the smoke off the wild fires in the western states. It is called the buck moon because the antlers of male deer are in full growth this month.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the strength the Lord blesses me with each day.
God Bless and Good Night






No comments: