Tuesday, July 13, 2021

ANOTHER DILLY BEAN DAY

 Up to a cloudy day . Hubbie was already out surveying for damage from a random pop up wind storm just before midnight last night.  He said thankfully he only found some blown over plants and limbs down around that didn't do much damage to anything. Some of my potted flowers and plants were blown over but we fixed them back without much trouble. Wow, from the looks of the strength of the wind we are sure glad it passed quickly and only left about 2/10ths inch of rain in the gauge.  I got chores done and then had oatmeal and fresh blackberries for breakfast.  After I ate I started dealing with the baskets of beans we picked last night. I broke the ends off all the beans and arranged them in the jars with all the seasonings with them.

I kept filling jars until I ran out of beans and had 15 more dilly bean jars to add to the pantry. 
This will be my last run of dilly beans for the year. #1 son wants to can him some so I told him he could have the next picking and I'll help him make some.
I also roasted a big pan of those red beans I picked and then were delicious fixed like that with some seasonings I had bought from a vendor at the depot market a couple weeks ago.
I ate late lunch after the canning was done then went over to daughters where hubbie and d-in-love-A had already been there for a couple hours helping daughter set up her nursery and get ready for this new baby. We worked until daughter had to leave to go have pictures made. 
Hubbie and I came home and got chores done then I worked some of the baby quilt gifts for the new babies.  Then after I shut up all the chickens and guineas I iced 6 caramel cakes. My back muscles are screaming tonight with all the sewing and icing this evening not to mention the carrying things over at daughters.  I am glad to get into bed tonight for sure. Thankful there are no storms to keep us a wake tonight.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: