Tuesday, July 20, 2021

GREEN BEAN PICKING DAY

 Woke to another dreary misting rain morning. There was 4/10ths inch in the gauge from the overnight rain.  I got chores done and then had breakfast.  Daughter dropped IR and CA off on way to deliver her baked goods and then she had more classes to attend today.  RL is on her second day of kindergarten camp and is loving it.  Today is blue day !!!

I went to deliver a cake and then came back to find the girls playing quietly in the playroom so I worked on the baby quilt gift for daughter's little girl.   I went to pick up lunches for the girls and then we played outside for a little while until daughter finished her work.   Some bad news today was that the Boys and Girls Club where son-in-love works had to close down today for a couple weeks due to a covid virus outbreak there. Bad news for the parents of the kids who go there and now don't have anywhere for the kids to go and bad news for the folks who were exposed to the virus. Most who have it have been vaccinated so hopefully they won't be too sick.   Before daughter left her and IR helped me pick my half runner beans . I was very impressed with IR as she jumped right in and caught on to the picking quickly and picked all these herself !!!!


We picked over 2 bushels from a couple rows that came up very sparsely this spring but the plants that are here are absolutely loaded with beans.
CA wanted to let us know she could pick beans also.


Daughter took the girls home and hubbie and I watched the early news then we got chores done. We ended the evening sitting out in the covered patio breaking beans so I can get an early start on canning them tomorrow.  The high temperature today was 74 degrees so it felt really good to be outside this evening.


I came inside and iced the cakes the baked last night also.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the abundance of garden produce. I totally put my garden in His hands earlier because I kept replanting and nothing was coming up so I feel like He has certainly blessed me with plenty.
God Bless and Good Night








No comments: