Saturday, August 14, 2021

MORE PASTA SAUCE MAKING

 Woke at 7 this morning with my shin and knee screaming. I must have twisted it or something in my sleep. I put the heating pad on it and got back to a restless sleep for about an hour. After I did my stretches and got up I still was in a great deal of pain and was having to use a crutch to get around. Thankfully hubbie carried all the water for me . I got chores done slowly and was sweating profusely by the time I hobbled back inside from the heat and humidity of the morning coupled with the pain I was still having. I ate oatmeal for breakfast and then hubbie went with me to make a cake delivery. When we got back I took a Tylenol and rested for a little while with ice on my knee. Thankfully the pain subsided and I no longer needed the crutch to walk. I have no idea why it got so bad today but I am thankful that I got some relief. I went to the garden and picked bell peppers and then came inside to make a run of pasta sauce from the tomatoes hubbie picked Thursday. I had enough to make exactly 7 quarts this time. This makes the house smell so good and it looks and taste so good also.


Don't know how much more canning I will be doing this season if these storms keeping lining up and dumping on us with rain and wind. Fred is suppose to actually start dropping rain from outer bans tomorrow and continue with up to 6-7 inches of rain by Wednesday.
Then the next system named Grace today is following in the same path for next weekend.

Today about mid afternoon light rain showers started and continued throughout the afternoon and evening but didn't amount to much accumulation. Thankfully it did relieve the heat of the day.  I rested this afternoon while hubbie picked beans and dug potatoes for tomorrow's lunch. We got chores done early in case the storms headed our way did make it but they didn't .
As I looked over the garden this evening while eating blueberries from our bushes I said a thankful prayer for the season we have had so far.  
We came inside and relaxed for the evening.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: