Wednesday, August 4, 2021

PASTA SAUCE CANNING

 Up to get another busy day started. Another unlike August start to this day with bright sunshine but cool temps in the upper 50's.

RL is here today as other g-ma is still under covid quarantine but thankfully she is feeling better.  I got chores done and then had breakfast with RL. After we ate RL went outside with hubbie while I gathered tomatoes and pasta sauce making supplies. I had the table in the sunroom about half filled with tomatoes and I used most of them in the pasta sauce but then filled it back up with the tomatoes hubbie gathered yesterday. Daughter brought lunch and IR and CA in for lunch and we all ate. After I ate I pulled these 7 quarts of pasta sauce from the waterbath canner.

After I got the sauce out and cooling I took RL and IR outside so that CA could nap but that didn't happen so she came outside to play also. They played with the music instruments for a long time saying they had formed their own 3 girl band !!
Hubbie and daughter took CA and went back over to the corn field to gather some more fresh corn to eat on as the week goes on and to hopefully get an ill tempered CA to finally get a nap.  The big girls stayed here with me and we went inside to watched TV and have a snack.
Thankfully CA went to sleep on the trip and had a good nap on the couch when they got back.  When everyone left hubbie and I went over to #2 son's house to take him and Tif some supper and some other things they needed. Tif also is getting over the covid virus and has been really sick for the past week. RL and IR rode with us to get to wave at their uncle as we just leave things on their porch and drive away. #2 son thankfully hasn't had the virus at least not yet.  We dropped the girls off at their houses and came home to get chores done. It is very cloudy this evening but so far we haven't gotten any rain.
After chores I picked another bowl of blackberries to have in my oatmeal .  As I walked by the barn the aroma of these Mimosa blossoms was so wonderful making me miss my 2 large trees that used to be in the backyard close to the house. It was wonderful to sit out in the sunroom with the windows open and smell that Mimosa perfume. Both those trees got old and diseased and had to be taken down.

We headed inside a little early tonight with the cloudy skies darkness came a little earlier. 
Thankful for the wonderful blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: