Monday, August 30, 2021

PREPARING FOR IDA

 Up to a strange "alone" morning. I did wake up several times last night in a panic because I didn't feel IR pressed against my back !!   I got chores done and had oatmeal with blueberries for breakfast. Our blueberries are almost all gone now but we are very thankful to have enjoyed them until September !          After I ate we headed over to daughter's to pick up IR and CA while daughter and son-in-love took EA to the doctor to check on her rising bilirubin when she left the hospital yesterday.   Thankfully it was oaky today.  The girls helped me gather laundry and get a load started.  Then hubbie played with the girls while I baked 6 caramel cakes. I am making cakes  for daughter's business partner until she gets back on her feet.  Daughter and son-in-love picked the girls up and went home right after lunch time.  I did more laundry and then got out some things that need to go to market to sell and tagged them and got them ready to take out there on Thursday.  These are some things that have been in my sewing room since before the covid virus hit that just needed a few tweeks to get them finished and I need to get them out to sell.  

Mommy / daughter  matching aprons.

Small baby afghan.
Crocheted cap and pants for baby boy.
Large baby afghan .  I love this one as it is so soft !!
After I got these all finished I did more laundry then took a break out in the covered patio. It is another sunny hot, 88 degree day but if the extended forecast holds this is the last upper 80's day for a couple weeks at least.  
Ida made landfall and has slowed down pouring rain on Louisiana and Mississippi as it slowly slogs northward.  There is a lot a major damage in it's path and I pray for all the folks affected by this storm.   


We will feel some effects from Ida in the next couple days. 


This little girl just can't get enough of her baby sister today !!!!
Thankfully both newborns went to their doctors today and both got A-okay checkups .  
I iced the caramel cakes this afternoon and hubbie took them over to daughter's so he cold help son-in-love get the belt back on his riding mower.  I stayed home and cut okra and picked some cucumbers and hot peppers from the garden after hubbie had gleaned the tomatoes before the storm rolls in. I need to make more grape juice and hopefully can get grapes picked tomorrow before the rain moves in to get it done.

We got chores done and then relaxed for the evening.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the healthy babies.
God Bless and Good Night