Wednesday, May 23, 2018

ANNUAL EYE EXAM REVEALS BAD NEWS

Hoping for a better feeling day as I get started this morning. I got the chores done and then took RL to pre-school and came home to have breakfast and feed IR her bottle.
I got ready and went to my annual eye exam at 10:30. Hubbie was going with me but IR went to sleep so he stayed home with her.
I have been noticing lately that my distance vision has improved so much that I actually take my glasses off sometimes to watch the TV because I can see better without them. When I told the doc this he made a bad face and said uh oh !!
After doing all the routine exam things he agreed my vision for distance had drastically improved so much so that he was suspicious of what might be going on in one of my eyes. In order to check it he had to use some special drops that were super strong dilators. He said most people have to go home and sleep them off. I must have gave him a look when he said that because the nurse laughed and said I don't think that's in her plans !!
His suspicion was correct and I have a cataract starting to grow on one of my eyes. He said when these cataracts start the pressure of their growth actually reshapes the iris and either make your vision worse or better pretty quickly. Thankful that mine got better !!!
My mother had cataracts and so have some of my cousins so they definitely run in my family history.
The doc said we would just watch this one and see how fast it grows.
But it did cause me to have to get new glasses with less strength in the distance lens. That was an unexpected $600  expense we weren't expecting. I could actually go without glasses now for distance but I need them for up close.
After I sat around the office for a little while to let my eyes refocus I went to Go Grocery and Aldi to pick up some baking supplies.
I usually get a headache from the dilation drops but I was hoping today if I wore these dark glasses they gave me maybe I wouldn't because they were definitely warranted today out in the brought sunlight.

I made it home around 1:00 and had a late lunch of more fresh garden vegetables before starting my baking.
RL made these "knokulars" at school today ,she said they were for seeing "what God made", I love this little school and what they are teaching her .

Hubbie couldn't believe how dilated my eyes were and they did actually ache but no sleeping it off for me this afternoon.  I fixed IR her afternoon bottle and then started baking.
I baked 6 caramel, 2 chocolate, 1 pound, 1 blackberry wine, and 1 pan of brownies.
Daughter came in after IR and met her surveyor with the land survey he had done. She had to take it over to show ,Rita, the land owner  to see if she agreed.  She said it looked good so now daughter is on to the the next step. While daughter was gone g-son came to stay while his mom and dad went to pick up d-in-love's car from the shop and IR was glad to have someone new to play with.


After she left with IR and g-son ,taking him home, I layed down on the couch to ease my eyes and hubbie woke me up an hour later  !!!!
I felt like I was in a groggy dream for a long time but managed to get the evening feeding chores done in slow motion.
Thankfully I felt better when I got back inside and ate something. I did weekly paperwork and paid bills then watched Survivor on TV while I iced cakes and got things ready for market.
I made it bed about midnight and knew I would have trouble getting to sleep even then after that long nap this evening.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the grace and love of our Precious Savior Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night.
,



No comments: