Sunday, May 13, 2018

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY 2018 and 1918 BIRTHDAY

HAPPY  MOTHER'S  DAY to all you wonderful moms out there.
I had a pretty rough night and my mother's day 2018 started very early like at 2am when my left foot throbbed in pain. Some how my left knee had swollen so much that apparently it was cutting off the circulation to my foot when I layed down. I got up and hobbled to the kitchen and took the ice wrap I keep in the freezer out.
Not long after I wrapped this cold compress around the back of my knee where the swelling mostly was I drifted off to dreamland thankfully.
However this early morning fiasco made me not hear the alarm this morning and only woke up when hubbie came back in to ask if I was okay and told me it was 9:30 !!!   Whoa !!
I jumped up got the baked beans in the oven and then got chores done. The animals are always forgiving when they see me with the feed buckets in my hands.
Hubbie made chili to go with the slaw he made last night and we also made a gallon of sweet tea.
I took the baked beans out of the oven and we got everything loaded in the Honda.
We were following #1 son's family down to d-in-love's moms new house for a cookout lunch.
Deb is having a hard time with mother's day this year because it falls on the 2nd anniversary of her late husband's death, May 13,2016.
So we decided some time ago that both our families would get together and see her new house in Rutherford county on this day.
We left at 11:00 and arrived there at about noon. Daughter's family came in just after us and #2 son and Tif arrived a little later.
D-in-love's brother lives on the same land that Deb does with his family and  they were already at her house. I love the small little cozy home she built for herself.
The kids went up to Tim's house and had a blast on the swings.


We all had a wonderful time and visit on this beautiful day.


We left there and followed daughter and son-in-love over to Polk county to check out his parents new house they are building since we were in the area.
Their house is beautiful but I forgot to take a pic of it and only got this photo of daughter and Connie holding IR who was not feeling well at all today and had a low grade fever.
Hubbie and I left there before they started their mother's day celebration and came up the mountain.
I relaxed on the front porch for awhile when we got home and noticed the view is almost totally blocked with green foliage now.
#2 son and Tif came after some things they still had in the storage building this evening. They are on vacation this week and are heading to Destin Florida to spend a week in the sun.
Daughter came after some pots of hers for some plants she bought.
We did chores and then relaxed for the evening.
It has been another very hot almost record breaking day at 87 degrees. I have definitely enjoyed this day with family and extended family and all the good food we shared.
I also enjoyed all my Mother's day gifts from the kids. They always make great choices and make me feel really loved on this day.  Thanks  kids !!!!

This was daughter's first Mother's day and she had a great one also, I just wished little IR wasn't feeling bad but she is a trooper and made it through the day .
As this day ends d-in-love called to say she thought RL has hand foot and mouth disease once again and we think that may be what is wrong with IR.  RL and I both had a really bad case of this only a couple years ago so I am hoping she has a milder case this time and I sure am hoping I don't get it again !!!
Saying a thankful  prayer tonight for all the mothers in my life past and present who have shaped and continue to shape my life.
God Bless, Good Night and Happy Mother's Day






1 comment:

linda m said...

Blessings and a belated Happy Mother's Day to you.