Tuesday, May 1, 2018

BEAUTIFUL SPRING DAY TO BEGIN MAY

Uhhhh !!!!  woke up at 6:30 am with a throbbing sinus headache. I tried to get back to sleep to hopefully get over it and it worked a little as when I got up at 7:30 the headache wasn't near as bad and had moved into my nose mostly so I know it was from all the pollen floating around in the wind.
I got the chores done then took RL to pre-school.
I had to make a stop at Aldi on the way home for my baking supplies since I didn't stop on Saturday.
It took longer than usual because of a $20 over charge on my ticket that they had to refund.
I made it home and had my breakfast while IR had hers.
This is the first of the month so all the purple décor needed to be replaced and I choose blue for this month. I vacuumed all the furniture and put new covers on it and then put out all new matching décor .
I was almost finished when it was time to go pick up RL. She had another good day and ate her chicken nuggets and was proudly showing off this frog she made.
She went right to sleep as soon as we started home.
Hubbie carried her in and she got a good nap while IR, hubbie and I had lunch. IR tried some new food today and was not a fan !!
I finished my decorating and as soon as RL woke up we all headed outside in the beautiful mid 70's sunshine. It was a freeze pop day for sure today.
It's fun to watch the maternal instincts come out in RL as she wants to hug everything and just love it.
Pumpkin the cat looks pretty annoyed by her affections.


We're not really potty training but RL has such a bad yeast infection from the antibiotics she took for her ear infection that we are trying to keep her diaper off as much as possible and she is doing really well going to the potty and she asked today to wear her panties.
As we played and walked around the farm I noticed my purple Iris have opened into bloom overnight in this warm weather.
And one of the giant Iris blooms have opened. You can see by the comparison with my fingers just how huge these blooms are.
And my first of the month garden picture shows how our spring vegetables are growing. Looks like everyone of the potatoes we planted came up and we also have Kale, Lettuce, radishes, Arugula, onions, Kohlrabi and Spinach coming up.  Yum , can't wait for some fresh garden produce.
After all the kids were picked up hubbie and I got the chores done and then I took a walk around the bottom pasture.
Aa and Re took the kids fishing in their pond this evening and AD caught the prize fish and just look at that smile!


Spring has definitely arrived in our area !!!  Welcome to the month of May !!!
I spent the evening baking cakes because we are going to the Pickens Flea market tomorrow with daughter and IR. I baked 3 caramels, 2 chocolates, 2 pound cakes and 1 pan of brownies.
Hubbie and I loaded the stroller and a couple pull around carts in the Honda so we are ready to hit the road early.
Thankful to God for the undeserved blessings he continues to shower on me and my family and we are forever grateful of His love.
God Bless and Good Night







1 comment:

linda m said...

Love all the pictures. The one of IR trying new food is a hoot. The giant Iris is gorgeous. Things are finally starting to bud out and bloom around here. Blessings